My latest project...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for my fever to break. It's causing me to be irrational.

LOL! Seriously though, I really appreciate your nice comments. I actually surprised myself. I didn't think it would turn out as good as it did. Thanks again my friend.

Tom

Thanks my friend!

Very nice!! All you painters have given me the bug to get a compressor and airbrush.

Wife isn't happy with this site!!:shrug:

Thanks man! Acutally I painted that with Rattle cans. I wish I could airbrush... or at least had an airbrush to give it a shot! One of these days.

Oh... and I feel your pain brother.... My wife is not real happy with this whole RC thing either.

You rattle canned that??? Wow.. Did you use the liquid mask I keep reading about or just tape it off? Which maker and what color green did you use? I really like it, might try that on the Ambush body I have comming in. Maybe.. I have so many ideas going through my head right now...:ponder2:

Thanks man. I used Pactra racing finish, Metallic green, Sprint White, and then backed it with Indy Sliver. I used Outlaw black for the wing. I should have used some sheetrock fiberglass tape to give a carbon fiber look to the wing, but I wasn't really sure of the technique. To get the separation of color I just taped it off using 3M painters tape. It takes some time to tape it off, but it looks really nice afterwards. The painters tape leaves a really crisp line and does not leave any sticky residue behind afterwards.

Last edited:
Back