My latest attempt.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver6127

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, here's my latest attempt. Nothing elaborate and all done with rattle cans. I used Tamiya Flourescent Yellow, Tamiya Metallic Purple and Tamiya White Flourescent backer. The Flourescent backer is a more opaque white and it made the colors pop even more.

BTW, it's the Protoform Cadillac CTS-V body. It's more suited for a smaller, semi technical track. I'm not too particular about design since I know this body will be getting thrashed when racing. Just figured I'd take some pics so I can remember how it used to look. :smoke:

7100074ac.jpg

7100087mt.jpg

7100057cq.jpg

7100047zy.jpg

Thanks VB. I wish I took the extra time to cut the masking better but ... OH WELL! Maybe next time I'll get the vinyl masks so I can have more flowing lines. As I said, I'm not gonna get very elaborate with my schemes. These bodies are made to get destroyed and I do a fairly good job of it after a few races.

Look at my other CTS-V body. That one was being held together with shoegoo and tape! really, there was packaging tape under the shoegoo ...

In this old pic, I used the flourescent yellow from Pactra and just silver for the backing. Notice the difference in the yellow when compared to my latest body. I like the new Tamiya colors. Vibrant, very vibrant!
serpent0102sp.jpg

It looks like a real car that just got out of a race. Ever see a NASCAR car when they are done in person? Beat the hell, but still look good. Kinda like that last pic.

My last body was so beat up, I threw it away because I didn't want to even be tempted to try and salvage it for one more race. That's the only reason I did this body. Especially since I know the layout for the track I'll be at for the next 2 weeks (points race), I can concentrate on one body and know that it will be fine.

I need to get some of those long pins.

Dynamite makes them. Make sure you get the proper length. They make them in various lengths. For your MTX-3, I think the standard size should be fine, just double check. For my 710, I have to get the really long ones because the posts are so far apart.

Associated also makes the pins. Your new body looks good, lets run on Sunday @ Jackson.

Do those tires come with the lettering on them? I have a new set of Yellow/Green ELLEGI tires and they are black walls.

Last edited:
Looking good Diver I'm a rattle can guy to just haven't had the extra funds to get an airbrush yet.

rossb said:
Associated also makes the pins. Your new body looks good, lets run on Sunday @ Jackson.

Do those tires come with the lettering on them? I have a new set of Yellow/Green ELLEGI tires and they are black walls.

You have to put the stickers on, they come in the box.

rossb said:

Not all of the foam manufacturers have the stickers, but ellegi does. What it does is "Help" against chunking the outer edge. What some do is put some CA on the sidewall to help. I personally don't do it since foams only last me one day anyway. I go through 2 sets. one is run or qualifiyers and a new set for the main. When the main is done, those sets become my practice tires for the next race day.

Team 17 said:
Nice job Jerry!
Didn't Ratzo do a CTS-v body for you, Ed? Mount it and let's go race!

Ross, I am really thinking about going to jackson. This sunday is out though. I still have the points series up at prospeed and I need to get some points to move up in the standings.

Hot! Just spray cans?? I call B.S..... unless you paint my body for me :cheers:

Thanks joey ... and yes Remy, it's all rattle cans and lots of patience.

Doesn't the body flex a lot with the entire rear window cut out.

I have 2 holes in my rear window and it's too flexable/

Nope. It's fine. Just don't cut out the side windows and you'll have rigidity as well as better air flow.

Nice job driver

I like the colors You can cut the rear window all the way out It acutally will help with the aerodynamics and it feeds the wing better . Just remember to round the corners . If your car is flexing then put a 5th body post aprox middle rear of the hood . You don't have to cut the hole for it just make sure it's touching when the body is mounted .That is a very high pressure area. and that's where flexing can do the most damage to the flow

Last edited:
Thanks Danny. I'm already thinking what I'd do with one of your TC bodies. Hope you're recovering well from your accident.