My HSP based collection.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Since i have been asked about them a couple times, and have seen a few posts about them, i figured i would post what i have. Ill start with my buggy, that is a mix of parts from HSP, Redcat Racing, Exceed RC and Hobby Park. I actually own 3 of these:

IMG_20220214_163234842.jpg

IMG_20220214_142303099.jpg

IMG_20220214_163301110.jpg

IMG_20220214_163307220.jpg

IMG_20220214_163327243.jpg

My Touring Car/Rally Car. I bought this as a full chassis kit without electronics. I still need to get a body for it. You can buy any of the HSP cars, MT, Buggy, Drift car, or Touring car, as a chassis kit:

IMG_20220123_172819358.jpg

IMG_20220123_172829397.jpg
IMG_20220123_172840537.jpg

IMG_20220214_163837424.jpg

IMG_20220214_163847229.jpg

IMG_20220214_163852099.jpg

The first HSP Based vehicle i ever bought, a Redcat Volcano EXP, back in either 2015 or 2016. I have since owned or built over 100 of these vehicles.

KIMG0122.jpg

KIMG0120.jpg

KIMG0121.jpg

It was also the first vehicle i experimented with swapping parts for aftermarket stuff on. This is when i swapped to the Hobby Park aluminum chassis for it:

KIMG0126.jpg

KIMG0127.jpg

KIMG0131.jpg

Before i bought this truck, the extent of my upgrading anything was on a Team C TS2, that i put aluminum rear hubs and front caster blocks on. Before that, i always stuck with stock plastic.

Last edited:
And, just to clarify some things, i thought i would list every vehicle that shares parts, and all the ones that use that same chassis. There is a lot of them, so here goes.

HSP: Since a lot of them dont have names, and only have model numbers, this is easier. Any 1/10TH scale HSP electric vehicle, and all of the HSP nitro 1/10TH share the same chassis, although for nitro the aluminum chassis is better, front and rear diffs, except the inputs for the rear diff is different depending on if it is nitro or electric, and, depending on the model, shocks and shock towers.

Exceed RC: any 1/10TH nitro or electric Exceed RC that is listed as an Exceed, such as the Infinitive, Terrain 10, Forza, Hyper Speed, and all of the rest of the 1/10TH line. Nothing from the Exceed RC line matches the Himoto or Iron Track vehicles, although, you may be able to use some of the HSP suspension parts on the Himoto and Iron Track stuff.

Redcat Racing: Volcano 1/10TH, both electric and nitro, Shockwave and Tornado (all 1/10TH versions), and the Lightning, both the STK and the EPX drift.

Basically, any HSP, Redcat, or Exceed that has the upper plate in the pic, in blue, silver, or purple, the parts are interchangeable, and, you can mix and match parts to make several different vehicles. You can also get parts through the Hobby Park name for them.

HSP upper chassis.jpg

Nice collection, I recommend switching back to plastic arms ASAP so that you don't bend the arms and/or break other parts.

Nice collection, I recommend switching back to plastic arms ASAP so that you don't bend the arms and/or break other parts.
Those arms have been on there since i built that in 2018. That buggy came about because i bought an HSP lot on eBay cheap, that had 3 incomplete cars, and a mix of plastic and aluminum parts, so, i just used what i could, and built two working vehicles, that buggy and a truggy for the kids to mess with. Those arms arent the cheap Redcat or Exceed stamped aluminum though. They are from Hobby Park, and are milled. They are thicker and seem to be stronger than the ones Redcat and Exceed offer. However, since that car doesn't get used, or really abused much, about the only thing i have done to it since i built it was to change the shocks once, and switch from the plastic to the metal spur. I did notice today one of the upper front links is bent though, yet again. Those seem to be the biggest flaw in that entire car, since those i change probably every couple months.

like to say that Himoto was the original of all these.

The original himoto 1/8 nitros are so good. Basically kyosho mp7.5 clones.

Exceed is better quality and parts are better fitment and better materials.

I speak from owning both exceed and other brands

This is referring to Nitro models

like to say that Himoto was the original of all these.

The original himoto 1/8 nitros are so good. Basically kyosho mp7.5 clones.

Exceed is better quality and parts are better fitment and better materials.

I speak from owning both exceed and other brands

This is referring to Nitro models
All of mine are electric, however, i have used parts from nitro cars i picked up on some of my electric builds. The nitro diffs seem to hold up better to brushless than the electric ones do, at least, the ones from Exceed do. The pro electric diffs from Redcat are the same as the nitro Exceed, HSP and Redcat diffs, but, Redcat is the only one of the 3 to use nitro diffs in their electric stuff. I am currently sourcing all the parts to build a brushless Exceed Terrain 10 to mess with, since HSP based SCT's are the only vehicles i have never messed with.

All of mine are electric, however, i have used parts from nitro cars i picked up on some of my electric builds. The nitro diffs seem to hold up better to brushless than the electric ones do, at least, the ones from Exceed do. The pro electric diffs from Redcat are the same as the nitro Exceed, HSP and Redcat diffs, but, Redcat is the only one of the 3 to use nitro diffs in their electric stuff. I am currently sourcing all the parts to build a brushless Exceed Terrain 10 to mess with, since HSP based SCT's are the only vehicles i have never messed with.
I have bits from a redcat 10th scale black something i forget

Blackout? Those parts are from a different line than the HSP based stuff, and most of those parts wont fit the HSP based vehicles.
Just thought id sée.

Thanks