my hobby shop.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
last year the guy running the hobby shop i go to just disappeared. a new guy took over at first i was not impressed. but he is doing a great job now he is much better at stocking of parts and has picked up some new brands, Red Cat, HPI. looks like a good Xmas comming

Support you local shops or they will ALL go away.

I over payed for my maxx and all the rpm parts and radio and so on and so on but i always get help from them and they never shove me off. Some times i dont ask for something because they will look every inch to see if they have it. (Takes a wile and i dont have time)
But they do return the favor by cutting me deals on parts that they do have. Like mip shafts are $65 a set. They offered them to me for $80 for front and rear. I've been going to this one shop for a wile and I'm hitting 50% off the parts i buy now because i go there so much. Its nice to build customer relation and call them for anything. The shop guys an i bash once a month and have a blast.

Support you local shops or they will ALL go away.

I tried....almost to the point of divorce!!!! LOL but the shop owner just didn't want to put any money into the shop choosing to focus on his mortgage business instead. After 35 years in business in the area he closed the doors. Now my hobby shop is a Latin church. The two guys that ran the shop however were awesome and I bought everthing I could from them. I would pay a bit more but I figured I was paying for the great customer service and supporting a local business. In fact the only time I went to the web was when I wanted something that was custom. That place was like me cheers. I would go in there just to shoot the breeze... I usually walked out with something though! Next to that we would have a summer and fall points league on Saturday's on the track out back... that is probably what I miss the most... the friendships and racing. In my case I don't think it was a matter of support for the shop as much as it was the owner just didn't want to do it anymore which I guess was his decision. The sad part is the owner used to be heavy into RC's when he was working there as a teen... guess he lost his desire. So if you have an LHS that has good customer service.... support it! The LHS is a dying breed it seems at least around here without our support they will all be gone.

Tom