My first Crawlers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxAction

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I sold a couple of my race rigs so I could try Crawling...

I have not had a crawler before now, and I gotta say it is a lot of fun!

We got both of them about a month ago. The Sendero is mine, and the Gen 8 is my son's.

I have already upgraded several things on the Sendero.

So far:

Team Raffee Aluminum Shock Mounts
RC4WD 100mm RRD Emulsion shocks.
Club 5 Racing High Clearance Links
Club 5 Racing Inner Fender wells
RC4WD Warn Winch.
8mm Wheel Spacers
Gmade MT-1904 Tires
Alloy Bead Locks
Generic Steel Front and Rear Bumpers

I think I will probably put a holmes motor in it, and add some chassis bracing, and some steel sliders, but otherwise, it is pretty squared away.

I am not expert on the subject since these are the first ones we have had, but it seems like both of these rigs are very capable. In Stock form, the Gen8 actually had a bit of an edge, but after the upgrades on the Sendero, it is a bit more capable now.

The Gen8 is pretty much stock, but we are going to upgrade the bumpers, add some more lights, Better wheels and tires, and maybe a lighter body. I love the look of the scout, but the body is heavy, so the truck is top heavy.

enduro2.jpg

crawlerz.jpg

Enduro1.jpg

enduro3.jpg

scout1.jpg

Your trucks are looking good. I got my sendaro in August and it’s my first crawler also. One of the first things I upgraded was the esc. I put a hobby wing 1080 because I wanted to tame it down when I went in reverse. That made a world of difference in many ways with all the programming you can do. Then I started adding weight. SSM brass knuckles and rear axle weights. Club 5 brass diff covers. And many other alum braces etc to stiffen the frame flex. Some cheap aluminum bead locks off amazon then duratrax deep woods tires with crawler innovations dual stage foams. I think it weighs in at 7.5 pounds now. Very planted now. Crawls good in rocks and good on woods trails too. Having a blast with my little grandkids. Their dad has one too. Then in nov I bought the axial scx10ii 1955 Ford f100. My budget is shot so haven’t done too much to it yet. Just trying to stop the shocks from leaking. Lol
F438FA77-0D32-4A83-89C0-0C410D6E99FC.jpeg
000C749F-B116-4879-B389-259E3A2B7FC8.png
A7729BA5-7F7D-4DA2-8F59-997EFFD44D7F.jpeg

Great looking rigs guys. The wife and I have more fun with the crawlers than anything else. We always load them up in the camper when we head out every summer and are great exercise.