my engine blew today :( anybody want to donate 1 ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo3.3Racer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
anybody want to be nice enough to donate an revo engine to me ? my engine blew up today :( and me and my parents can't really afford a new engine.i really dont care what kind it is .

anybody want to be nice enough to donate an revo engine to me ? my engine blew up today :( and me and my parents can't really afford a new engine.i really dont care what kind it is .

pics?

also look into the ERP with traxxas they arent that expensive... 115 plus shipping from traxxas or you lhs might have the exchange program

I have a sirio .18 i never used i got it used from a guy localy i know it runs it has pretty good pinch. ask around here if it will fit and the exhaust header will fit it (the stock revo one) i will give it to you for shipping. i don't know how much it will cost but i can find out.

I know the feeling my wifes 3.3 just blew 2 days ago. and my tmaxx needs one. So i know it sux.

Find out if it will work and it's yours.

I posted the post yesterday to see what kind of offers i will get and i got a good one from boutch i asked my dad and my dad said we really dont have alot of money to buy a new engine so if anybody could they could delete that post.

here are the pics of the blown piston ,sleeve .

Patryksblown33.gif

jnjritz how muchw ould it cost for shipping to new britain CT zip code 06053

jnjritz Ill take it ill do all the modification to make it fit. just let me know how much shipping will cost. can i pay shipping with moneyorder because i am to young to have a paypal account

I think what caused the engine to fry is the e-z starter shaft

heres more pics :

Patryksblown33jpg3.gif

Patryksblown33jpg2.gif

i highly doubt that the ez starter did it

it def. was not running hot i measuring temperature with thermometer . the readings were around 250 f. and plus it wasn't warm/hot outside today it was a little bit on the cool/warm side.

well if it wasn't running lean and it wasn't over heating what else could it be. . .i am at a loss buddy

Ha I wish i knew. Maybe it was running to hot, But my thermometer was giving me inacurate readings ?

Last edited:
did you calibrate it before you used it????

there should have been an instruction sheet with the temp gun in order to set it up for checking temperatures on the engine. . .because it has to know what its checking. . .as far as the thing is concerned it is checking the temperature on a flat unpainted piece of metal

Back