My Childhood Traxxas Rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you might wanna have a couple of extra drive shafts for it to where it is so old and you are putting alot more power to the rear wheels...

I kept the same on a couple i upgraded the motor to and snapped every origional driveshaft on them cause they were old and used.... they always find the weakest point to break... If you keap the weak points to a minimum you get less breaks when you are trying to have alittle fun.

Thanks for the info, I plan to upgrade to steel shafts on the truck when I get the brushless system. Thinking of going with steel gears too, not sure if its needed though but I would assume it is.

yeah most of the new ones come with metal gears in the electric.. not all but most..

Update pics lookin good, new tires would be cool too, can't wait to see her done and on the dirt

I just restored 2 grasshoppers and i had never seen a mechanical speed controller before that but of course i changed all that

Its looking good man and if you get the velenion brushless that thing will be awesome i love mine just be careful it might be waterproof but the bearing in my motor got rusty i had to take it apart and put a new one in it

The first couple of pics make it look like its been run over by a 747 jet then left in a rain-forest for 10 years. lol but the next pics seeing a massive improvement.

Thanks

Sheesh, that ceramic resistor scares me. I made the mistake of touching it. Actually, everyone who got a car with the mechanical speed control made the same mistake.....one time. :whhooo:

:hehe: I second this motion! I had a Traxxas stock car style electric with the same resistor and yeah, it gets quite hot. They are unsafe and VERY weak, one good hard hit and you can break that porclin (spell check):hehe:

Back