my 2 speed is not shifting, please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, i bought a two speed about 3 weeks ago, i bought it from my friend, and he adjust and set everything up for me. it was shifting good for 3 weeks. then i tried to adjust it to practice:eek:pps:, and now it wont shift, what gives? i tried to turn it clockwise until it's tight. then i loosen it 1-2-3 turns, it still does not shift. please help, i really wanna be able to tune two speed...thanks

Hey TMD it would help to know what you are running that in.

Check ur clutch shoes. And it would help to know what car u are running.

I am agreeing with the crew here. WHAT CAR?WHAT MILL? But you should check to see if the shoes are ok and to see if the guy is actually tightening the correct set screw. IF in doubt return the 2 speed to factory settings then start again. You must have done something wrong for your ride not to shift. Let us know! I am curious to know if you just adjusted the wrong set screw

maybe the engine u are using has chewed down the 2nd speed . maybe you should another 2 speed tranny

Oh yeah is this a belt driven or shaft driven?

sorry guys. i'm running rs4 rtr3, so it's shaft driven. it's weird. i tried to change the clutch in the 2 speed, it still does not want to shift. so now, i just convert it back to single speed for now, until i know what the hell is going on.....thanks for all the answers

OK I have had this car and added the 2 speed like you. I went through the same thing. First, are you still using the 15FE MILL or did you upgrade to a 12rss or something more? I ask this because there are two different typeds of springs, A Black and a Silver spring. You should check this out.http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

I had the same problem,the set skrew that holds the shift assembly to the 2 speed shaft backed out, try that?

Originally posted by joneser4u
I had the same problem,the set skrew that holds the shift assembly to the 2 speed shaft backed out, try that?

This could be one of the problem or the adjusting screw is still too tight. I will mess around with it untill you get it to shift. I'm sure 3 turn isn't enought to get the car to shift (still too long of a shift). Back it out a little, just 1/2 of a turn out. I would also add just a tad bit of lock tight to make sure the screw won't back out and lock the hub, which will keep the car in 2nd gear. The way I like to adjust the tranny is screw it in untill it clear the hub and it's able to spend freely. Run the car wot for a few second on the road, about 100-300 feet and listen closely. If you don't hear a shift and the car accerlerate a little slow, then start to turn the screw in little by little till you get it to shift. Once you do, fine tune the shifting point to where you like....

Back