must see pic of the year. once in a lifetime opportunity!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
***must see pic of the year. once in a lifetime opportunity! EDIT: new pics added!!

i just shot this pic, the shuttle is on its way to florida and did a fly by of elington and johnson space center.

its a quick and dirty crop job. ill clean it up when i get home with photoshop...

shuttlepiggyback.jpg

Last edited:
oh wow, thats pretty cool!!!

That would be awesome to see. Nice photo!

Thats killer! I was coming home from the desert when it came threw the sound barrier, and wow that was asume. If I was on top of the right hill overlooking the base I'm shure I could have seen it land!

They are making baby planes.

Woah when did it land? I can see the launch from my house and the last re-entry stirred up the entire neighborhood... I didn't even hear this one...?

Anyways, awesome pic :D

Woah when did it land? I can see the launch from my house and the last re-entry stirred up the entire neighborhood... I didn't even hear this one...?

Anyways, awesome pic :D

it landed in California like a week ago. it is getting ferried back to Florida on top of that 747. should be there friday or so.

Nice Pic, It's one of those things you will probably never have a chnce to see again or at least get a pic of...

Thats a GREAT shot....I did get to see that one time when it flew into DM Air Force Base....it is a site to see

Wow, this is a crazy picture. Nice shot though.

Just amazing.
when I lived in New York, I saw Air Force One flying over the house. West Point was only 15 miles north of me, and Clinton had given the commencement address that day.

Several (26) years ago Columbia had to land at White Sands Missle Range north of El Paso. At the time my grandmother was a civilan secretary for the base commander (General someone...) and she got to take my sister and I out to see 'er land. You all might remember that landing--it had almost touched down on the nose-gear then started pulling back up again...

I'm sure there's a down side, but you sure get to see some cool stuff at your job. I used to get to see the stealth fighters doing mid-air refueling over my house before I moved.

I've seen mid-air refueling of the fighter jets on a few occasions here. I'm close to McGee Tyson airport and I get to see a lot of slick military stuff flying over. Anything from their Apache helis to their massive cargo planes and fuel tankers. I still haven't seen a Stealth fighter yet, but there's a lot of jet traffic after dark.

I'm sure there's a down side, but you sure get to see some cool stuff at your job. I used to get to see the stealth fighters doing mid-air refueling over my house before I moved.

The largest Stealth Bomber wing (with nukes by the way) is based at Holloman AFB about 90 miles north of El Paso. Before they were even "official" they used to fly into Biggs Army Airfield (now closed) just east of our base--Fort Bliss. You ain't seen s*it until you have seen one of those beasts...

Those pictures are freakin amazing. I'd frame one and have it on my wall - always been a big aerospace nut :)

The largest Stealth Bomber wing (with nukes by the way) is based at Holloman AFB about 90 miles north of El Paso. Before they were even "official" they used to fly into Biggs Army Airfield (now closed) just east of our base--Fort Bliss. You ain't seen s*it until you have seen one of those beasts...

I stood and watched a B-1B Lancer do a display at an Airshow once. That was pretty amazing.

here are a few more. if anyone wants the high res shots lmk i can email them.

3101090634_5389c52815_o-7.jpg

3101065750_c6b4338b09_o-4.jpg

3101067914_a1911785f1_o-3.jpg

3101090634_5389c52815_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back