Motor Tuning Problem - Almost dies after WOT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iDrift10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well before the colder weather my Revo was running perfect. However, now that the temp has dropped 30 degrees I'm having a little issue. I know that when the temp drops you should richen the HSN because of the denser air. My Revo was running a little warm (280-300) so I richened the HSN to get the temps down. Now that the temps are in a respectable range I'm having a issue after wide open throttle. From take off all the way through the power band the engine runs perfect; nice trail of smoke, nice performance, nice temps. However as soon as I let off the gas after a high speed run the car drops to a idle that is barely running then after a few seconds or if I tap the gas the idle returns to a perfectly fine healthy idle. If I lean the HSN back up to get rid of the almost dying issue the car over heats. Ran a few tanks trying to trouble shoot it and I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help.

Side Note: Running a Picco 26 Red Dot.

It's sounds like you may need to idle the engine up. Turn your idle screw clockwise about 1/8 of a turn

also might be a tad rich on the bottom,

I think it's still too lean, sounds like you are tuning for temps and not performance. Wrap the cyl head in any weather that's cooler than 50°f and richen the needle until you know it's too rich, then tune it back to good performance. If that doesn't help the stalling problem try leaning the lsn just a wee bit.