Motor temp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am running a 2s Lipo on my sc10 and the first run the motor got to 160 degrees! That can't be good. Anyone else experience this?

Actually that's probably not a bad temp. Wouldn't want it any higher than 170* if I could help it though. Depends on your ambient temps and air flow. Mine ran kinda hot when I had it. Break it in good before going hard on it, also stay off the brakes and reverse the first few runs if you can help it. Brakes will heat up a can faster than anything.

It's not as bad on these motors as it is on the Slash, so you're probably ok. As long as you didn't take it out of the box, throw in a lipo, and do wide open throttle donuts and powerslides with it you're fine.

I think the previous owners ran a nimh on it for a few runs before I got it.

160ish is a good temp. what pinion are you running with this setup?

I agree with the general temp. You never however want to get the motor over 180. That is when the motor starts to become weak. Remember, High heat = less torque, less torque = SLOW off the corner. My Motors always seem to run their best around 135 but in the summer months I am sure you will see a higher temp. Gear them down and keep them cool.

My 2 cents

Back