motor saver heads up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsavagable

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
While bashing (hard, i mean, HARD), the top of my motorsaver filter came off, and the element bailed, only the outer cage remains. No other breaks though. I didn't notice till I got the savage home and took off the body. Wonder how long it ran that way? Sigh. Did get a successfull back flip out of the session though. Just thought I would share this with other motorsaver users. Its probably the last time I use this type filter. Ill be looking for a kyosho with a screw to keep the lid on or something like that. I hope there is not any damage to the internals of the picco monster, it "was running fine" very fine. Any recomendations on a filter replacement?

unsavagable,

While the top should be of some concern for you, it shouldn't be a major concern as that top is only a mess screen which is made to stop larger particles of dirt and dust. As long as you had your inner filter element oiled and in place you shouldn't have much to worry about.

-Michael

inner filter element is gone too. I may get lucky, and there is no damage. I have not a clue on how long the truck was running without a filter. It was in the dirt but not real silty or super dusty. Any recomendations for a replacement filter?

I had modified my HPI aftermarket filter. I got another thin piece of foam and silicon it to the outer foam, so the whole filter is encased. It helps to avoid the above problem from happening and seeing how most dirt and dust hits the top of the filter first it will help avoid the collection of crap on the top of the filter. This is a small cheap mod I think is worth the time. If you like I can post a pic of it.

use ca glue on the cap and glue it on. you wont be able to clean it the same way but it has worked good for me

Back