Motor saver filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright then, if it all looks clean i guess nothing got in it. just get an airfilter and make sure that it will stary on!:hehe:

bryan

Cool, I'm gonna put it back in and go for a test run

u should have tied the connection between the filer and the tube that goes in the engine
Picture%20006.jpg

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2934&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=

Last edited:
it was zip tied to the carb........I didn't loose the entire filter, just the top cap and the foam insert, so for now i am back to the stock air filter and though it does fit snugly on the carb it is zip tied

Road Rage,

I would recommend following the Cold Air Intake found in the reviews. This will make sure your filter won't come off - Doing this mod will allow you to even pick up the truck by the filter it works that well.

Also by doing this, it moves the filter away from the rest of the truck. This could be a benefit for you because it sounds like the filter is hitting something causing the top to pop off. One other thing you want to make sure, is to check that all the filters are seated correctly and evenly and that the top is completely capped on.

Hope this helps.

-Michael

Thanks Woodie, I plan to purchase yet another Motor Saver air filter and use it in conjunction with the cold air intake, I agree with what you are saying since the filter alone is almost against other parts that could have cause my problem to begin with. Thanks again, hopefully by tomorrow or Tuesday I'll be up and bashing again! Unfortunitly after got the engine back in I forgot to make sure the spur gear was properly meshed and stripped it.........newbie's luck eh LOL

all i did for my cold air intake was take an old exhaust deflector i had and glued the air filter to the end and put the other end on my carb with a zip tie. works really good, never had it came off. u can see it in my gallery

bryan

Back