Motor saver filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Rage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought a Motor Saver air filter yesterday, and today on the first run about half tank gone the truck stopped running...........ugh the cap and foam filter are gone!!!!! What precautions should I take now? I took the remaining piece off the carb and opened it up and looked down with a flash light, but i have a feeling that is not good enuff.

that sucks, take he engine apart and clean it really good. also did u have the airfilter ziptied??? if not do so.

bryan

yea it was zip tied, the only piec that I have left is the lower piece, that cap and filter are gone.........is it going to be hard to take the motor apart and will I need any gaskets? Remeber I am still a newbie.......

the engine isnt too hard to get apart. just make sure when u take and put everything back together that is is tight. just take it slow also. dont rush urself. then after u get it all together go and get a new airfilter. when u get it make sure that the zip ties are really tight and so that u can't pull the airfilter off.

bryan

OK I'll give it a shot, but are there any gaskets or seals that I will need to replace?

i dont think that there are. the only things are the head shims.

bryan

damn this makes me nerveous LOL, I just don't want to end up with a engine thats a basket case

i know, what were u running in when this happened?

bryan

One helpful piece of advice is to take digital pics before you take anything apart. This way you have reference pictures of where pieces went in case you forget.

This is assuming you have a digital camera.

Also note where the various length screws go. It is easy to get them mixed-up.

I have Motor Savers on 3 of my nitros and have never had the cap fall off. Be sure that when you put the cap on that the grooves in the caps are seated in the tabs of the filter housing.

i forgot that, that is a great thing to do!!! thankz robmob

bryan

Originally posted by SuperMaxx97
i know, what were u running in when this happened?

bryan
What do you mean what was I running? I had the truck runnin wide open about 50% of the time, as far as engine it's the HPI 25, fuel 20% (Trinity Monster Horsepower)

LOL sorry Bryan.......I was running in a field, soybean field to be exact, but had been plowed about 6weeks ago

no no no, i mean what kind of surface, dirt, asphalt, gravel thos kind of things

bryan

soy bean field means dirt. that is bad. now u really have to take it apart and clean it.

bryan

Damn it! LOL well I have the heat sink off and the shim, I can see the top of the piston and it looks clean......absolutely no debries on it

ust have to be carefull that no dirt got into the carb...take the carb off and inspect it....if you even THINK there might be dirt inside then you'll have to take the engine apart to make sure everything is clean.

If you take the arb off and everthing looks pristine then you should be ok.

alright, but that dont mean anything

bryan

sorry robriguez that wasn't going towards u! i was just saying that takin ur head off and not seeing anything in there doesn't mean anything:x

bryan

OK got the motor out, but how do I ge the carb off??

there should be a little bolt on the side of the casing right below the carb. unscrew that and then it should just come right off.

bryan

OK got the carb off, and after close inspection it is clean

hhmmmm, u might be good then.

bryan

I have even inspected the exhaust port and looked down the throat where the carb goes on while turning the motor and see no signs of any kind of forign matterial