Motor Saver Air Filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRidge1

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The LHS guy says these things will make a huge difference in power. My gut feel says maybe a little more power - but mostly unnoticable. This is pulling from my gearhead car days. Everybody had to buy a K and N for their stang or camaro, but in the big scheme of things they are only worth a small jump in power - but you didn't spend much either - so no big deal.

I would think the biggest reason to get one of these would be for higher quality filtration - and the small percentage increase in power would be an added bonus. Any experiences out there?

Get the motor saver, otherwise you are going to be spending a lot of time cleaning the small stock filter, not to mention starving the motor for air, I had a K & N on my 69 stang, 67 camaro and my 79 T/A (since you mention the good old gear head days LOL) but in short yes the motor saver air filter is a good investment for that one cylinder 2 stroke turf ripper. :trashed: adn you hit the nail right on hte head, not much increase in power, but more increase on the air filtration & flow. What kind of ride did you get by the way??

Last edited:
something must be wrong with that lhs guy if he thinks your gonna get a bunch of power from an air filter. that makes no sense. he's either stupid or just tryin to sell you something. but yeah go with the motor savers. they might be a bit more expensive than others but they are well worth it. if crap gets in through your carb, kiss that baby good bye.

More power....maybe. Due to increased airflow you may be able to tune the carb a little leaner getting a little more power out of it but regardless of any of that......get the motosavers (or something like it) for the fact that its a good design and will work batter than any stock filter out there. Protection is a much better reason than performance.

Can someone pls put up aLink so i can see what the motor saver filter thing looks like ?? just got my sav.25 last wk and looking for small improvements i can make :) thX

A picture of the HPI high performance air filter (renamed motor saver) can be found in our reviews page here

-Michael

Here's another option for a high volume air filter, Dynatime (p/n 7568, cost about 4 - bucks more than the Motor saver, and the cap don't just pop off but is held in place by a screw.

Attachments

• dynamite-7568-high-volume-a.jpg
    dynamite-7568-high-volume-a.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 80
Thanks everybody.

RoadRage, I got a Savage 25 about a month ago. Man, what a blast. 400+ bucks seemed like a lot to spend at first. After 1 month, I've gotten 800+ bucks of enjoyment (what a bargain!!). :D

LOL, I hear ya BlueRidge, I paid $450.00 for mine and so far I have a total of about $700.00 invested in the truck and accesories, but yea I have definitly gotten my money's worth in the enjoyment dept..........by the time I'm done adding all the hop ups I'll probably have atleast $1500 in it............my wife's gonna kill me LOL

Back