more problems with my engine?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1993

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
yes its me again...
i've finally started my car. I didnt give up and carried on trying, throttle trim all the way up, a fully charged glow starter and a lot of pulls on the pullstart really happy with it, very fast,
but...
the engine has broken...
I have a Force .32 engine in a rex x. I personally think that the engine is too powerful for the main gear as its shredding it to pieces. as a result i have a main gear with worn down teeth and the cog on the end of the crankshaft broken. The small cog has worked its way loose and has come off. But i dont know what holds it on?? does anyone know??
Also on the end of the crankshaft there are 3 black levers on springs with, what looks to me, like they fly out under central fugal force. is this true? Is the cog on the end of the crankshaft supposed to spin freely when the engines off. but when the lever things and this cog meet under central fugal force are they both supposed to spin round together? I hope i havent made it sound too confusing :\
if this is broken, is it able to be fixed??
anyone have a solution?:\

should i not use this engine, but get a force .25 that is supposed to be in the buggy?

Last edited:
maybe for your main gear you can upgrade it to a metal one=p:D

The black levers and springs are the clutch.. You are correct in your understanding of how it works..
I am sorry but I have no Idea what a cog is...

The black levers and springs are the clutch.. You are correct in your understanding of how it works..
I am sorry but I have no Idea what a cog is...

right ok. sorry the cog that i was on about is a little gear on the end of the crankshaft which meets with the main gear.

my main gear is metal already but the engine has shredded it so all the teeth are blunt. going to buy a new one from modelsport UK -
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=25556

but still on the look out for a new engine - anyone have a force engine for sale? would prefer a .25 or .28 but anything would be considered.
:)

Ah , the clutch bell.. Thats weird that the teeth on it are worn down.. Do you have a metal spur gear?? Thats the gear that meets with the cluth bell..
You could just have your mesh a little off. Make sure there is no binding and they aren't too loose.

After reading again I think I understand.. Sounds like you gear mesh is out of wack..Heres a link that should help..
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1355546

Last edited:
x2 on the gear mesh...you more than likely had the mesh sooo tight that the power of the engine just started wearing the gears out until it was going to make the mesh right by itslef, or destroy the gears in the process...and as far as what hold the "cog" or clutch bell on, it usually is a little allen headed screw that screws into the crankshaft...i recommend using loctite on that as when that screw backs out u tend to have alotta problems and damage when that gear comes flying out. i personally dont think your engine is too powerful for your setup. just dont think u had the mesh set right and the screw that holds it to the crank wasn't tite enough