More Mah = More Power?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okihost

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I am looking for a rechargeable kit for my mini-t and noticed there are several different Mah levels they can come in. Some of the cheaper ones run about 800Mah while it seems some of the more expensive kits have a higher Mah.

I am just wondering before i go out and buy as I would like to get the most powerful longest lasting setup possible

Thanks in advance.

Mah, or Milliamps, have no impact on performance. Volts do. MAh determains the amount of run time, volts determains power.

So the higher the Mah the longer it is going to run?

Originally posted by okihost
So the higher the Mah the longer it is going to run?

That is correct, although installing a more powerful motor will lower run time again. The higher the volts(more batteries) the faster the motor will spin.

As always, Nitro has led you down the path of the riteous. He's dead on. I will only offer up your choice of NiCd or NiMH. NiMH have a slightly longer run time when compared to the same rated
size of NiCd. Whereas NiCd have a better punch of the line.
Speaking of Mini-T's, I hear you guys are getting crazy run times on just alkalines. True ? I want one so bad and with all the hop-ups out there already, it's hard to resist. I even heard that there is going to be a brushless motor for it. Very cool !!!

nimh batts are also virtually maintanence free unlike nicds that you always have to discharge so they dont build up a memory unlike the nimh batts whick you can just leave and top off b4 you start a day of bashing

Great point D-man. I feel for these guys using NiCd humpback in there receiver trays. Having to dishcharge them after running must suck. I have the NiMH humpback and just before running, I give it a little juice and I'm good for the day. And when I'm done, I just turn it off. I do watch the temp when charging my NiMH's.
They're a littel more sensitive to temps than NiCd's.

Back