More help please...servo/transmit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FORDSVTTHUNDER

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok...going over everything before any break in starts. I turned on the servo and transmitter. Turned the little knob on transmitter till wheels were straight. Turns wheels left and right. But when I turn right and let the wheels go back to center,the receiver is making the electrical sound that it does when you throttle,brake or turn wheels only it doesn't stop until I turn left and return to center. Is there a setting I'm missing? It only does this after wheels have been turned right.

Also,the wheels barely move while the savage is sitting on the floor if I turn them. Is that adjustable or just the crappy servo?

The steering is fine unless it's sitting on the ground and not moving. You can install a serious high torque servo, but it's not necessary at this point.
Center your throttle trim on the radio and if the wheels are not straight center them mechanically. The trim is for straight line tracking once it's running.

---------- Post added at 5:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:20 PM ----------

I turned on the servo and transmitter.

You turned on the Receiver and transmitter. By the way, transmitter first on, last off.

Thanks. I got them straight but don't understand why it keeps making that sound after the wheels have been turned right and returned to center. It will keep making noise till I turn left and back center. I mean if I turn right...let it go center and sit the transmitter down it keeps making that noise. I have to pull the trigger or move the knob left for it to stop. Might not be anything. But just want to be sure. Sorry for the newbonics

If u lift the front off the ground they will center and stop making noise. Unless there are two steering servos then they might be fighting each other to find center. U can adjust that by fine tuning the arms or take one servo out and keep it as a spare. The fighting will drain a little extra battery and reduce the life of the servo a little. Also two are more expensive than one to replace. U only need one to bash around with anyway

---------- Post added at 8:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:16 AM ----------

My revo came with two on the steering. I had to rip one off to put on the throttle position cuz that servo carked it when I was out bashing. Been bashing with one steering servo since and it's perfect

Thanks. I've just got one. I still have not even bought fuel. I want to make sure I understand all I can before I start break in. There are just so many parts. Nothing like my cars from 80,s-90's lol.

Lol yeh I was the same with my revo. I barely charged the ez start batteries properly when I started breaking in mine, was so excited. But yeh I did a heap of research before it got here. Ordered it from America to Australia so had 5 days to learn

Hey Revo5309 check out my avatar. Love those XB Falcons! You Australians built some sexy cars.

haha yeh we have some nice cars. i have a VY holden ute :) love the utes. just needs a v8 like my cousins

mine and cousins
_DSC0971.jpg

mine and dads old car
63077_444486182104_725147104_5578585_3104973_n.jpg

Love those XB Falcons! You Australians built some sexy cars.

It kills me that Ford won't bring some of their overseas cars to America. I have collected about all of their performance cars/trucks over the years and I can't get my hands on the ones they sell out of the states:angry: I've found some of the xb falcons for sale in the states,but they have all been neglected over the years. Sad.

Last edited: