More help for the newb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok if you read my other thread i was asking about buying a new engine and about brackets and whatnot but I've decided to save my self all the trouble of it not working out to buy a new crankcase from towerhobbies wich is like 30 bux and save some money and some other various parts. But my problem now is that i have stripped the old motor down but can't figure out how to get the dam piston off of the crank shaft or whatever its called and how to then get the crank shaft out of the crankcase along with that bearing.

Thanx Guys

OK, it goes like this. To get the piston out, first make sure you remove the sleeve. That's the cylinder liner. It slides up out of the top of the engine after you remove the cooling head. Once the sleeve is out, the piston will be much freer to move and you can slide it right off the crankshaft. Then the crankshaft should slide right out (provided you removed the flywheel and all). Then to get the bearings out, make sure everything else is off the engine. EVERYTHING. Head, carb, exhaust header. The only thing you want for this next step is the crankcase with the bearings in it. Take the crankcase and clean it so there's no nitro on it. Heat up a small oven to 250 degrees. Then place the crankcase in there for about 5 minutes. Take it out wearing an oven mitt and then you should be able to easily pop the bearings out.

aight thanx your the biggest help i got it all out now i just havew to heat up the oven (one bearing came out with the shaft) but i was wondering could i use a torch to slightly heat it than a oven (faster) i dont car if i wreck the crankcase cause its junk anyways??

aight nvm i got the bearing out with out havin to use a torch or stove your a great help