Monoprice.com

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSY0829

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone purchase from monoprice.com? They have some great deals on hdmi cables, tv wall brackets, and more. I'm looking to purchase a 60" flat screen and the wall bracket at the local best buy is $149. At monoprice.com it's only $30.

Never heard of them...but then again I have been out of the game for a little while I guess. Best bet would be be to order something small like $10 and if everything is good....buy the bracket.

Yes, I've dealt with them and had really good luck with their HDMI cables. On some of the other sites I haunt, they are highly recommended for great prices. The other thing brought up on the site is that you really shouldn't buy the Monster Cable stuff because it has a horrendous mark up (several thousand %).

Love Monoprice, I would recommend it to anybody.

. The other thing brought up on the site is that you really shouldn't buy the Monster Cable stuff because it has a horrendous mark up (several thousand %).

Ok, but how is their quality? Pretty much everything behind my t.v. is MC. I've heard both sides. Some people swear by it and others say its not worth the money. Although I can't say I'm a fan of price gouging cuz you can (ie. Oil companies), if it buys higher quality il. Pay the premium.That's just me. Years ago when I built a system for my first car I spent darn near as much on the highest quality wires I could get and then bought near entry level speakers. Had good HU and amp but decided to put the money into the heart of it all. It sounded brilliant and id put it up against any "luxery" 11 speaker system the automakers put out these days.

I used Monster Cable and generic cables for car stereo applications a few years back, the only difference I ever noticed was the price.

I read an article in Popular Mechanics where they tested a generic cable against the M/C hdmi cable. Popular Mechanics could not tell the difference.
Cost:
13 ft of Monster Cable hdmi $200
13ft of generic hdmi cable at Newegg.com $13

On HDMI cables it is all digital so either there is a signal or there isn't. The only thing to make sure of is the version of HDMI that they support. The current standard is HDMI ver. 1.4.

Unfortunately most people that I've talked to say that people that sell the Monster cable are gouging you. Sorry, Josh.

A buddy of mine at work buys stuff there all the time. I'm going to be buying a few HDMI and USB cables from there shortly so I can put my PS3 in my entertainment rack vs on a shelf my TV is sitting on.

I'll have to put this one in my favs so I know where to go when the day comes to upgrade the entertainment system.

If you're not going to play games on the PS3, Alpine, go with a stand alone BluRay player. They're much cheaper and smaller.

You won't notice any difference between component and HDMI, they're both HD capable. You will need a separate audio cable for component though.

If you're not going to play games on the PS3, Alpine, go with a stand alone BluRay player. They're much cheaper and smaller.

Yea, i can pick up a used one for under $200 and might end up getting a couple games in the future for it. Plus its the only modern system i dont have.

and quieter

Could be worse, could be a 360. Those things make as much noise as a public restroom air-dryer.

The newer versions aren't too bad. If you want to talk noise, my server makes more noise than a vacuum cleaner.

Can't be louder than a Dyson, those things pack a jet turbine. :)

After trying Kinnect at a friends I'm tempted to get a 360 again.

Back