Mojave 6s diff fluid

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calvymuscle

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning guys! Happy Friday. So I was reading the instruction manual for the Mojave and they recommend you inspect the diffs after 15 battery packs have ran through it. What weight diff fluid do you all recommend ? Also anything else I should check while at it ?

Good morning guys! Happy Friday. So I was reading the instruction manual for the Mojave and they recommend you inspect the diffs after 15 battery packs have ran through it. What weight diff fluid do you all recommend ? Also anything else I should check while at it ?
Make sure you check any bearings you come across and blue locktight any screws that fasten in to metal.

As for diff oils looks like a number of folks are running between 30-60k front, 150-200k center, and 10-30k rear.pick something in that ball park and then tune for performance and preference.

Thanks appreciate it
I would check everything front to back everywhere in between. Like wolf said it really come down to how you want it to drive the higher the number of weight the thicker the fluid is. Like wolf said above is a good range to start with and can go up to 500k in center. Want lower weight in front for better steering and higher from center back for traction..bit it will be trial and eara. To see how it runs and responds

I’m doing my diffs, 500k center, 60 k front, 30k rear…..yep, higher numbers on the recommendation range….and, as said, bearings, check screws to be sure they are tight, etc

I’m doing my diffs, 500k center, 60 k front, 30k rear…..yep, higher numbers on the recommendation range….and, as said, bearings, check screws to be sure they are tight, etc
Sounds like your ready for a run. Let us know how it works for you bud..👍👍

Make sure you check any bearings you come across and blue locktight any screws that fasten in to metal.

As for diff oils looks like a number of folks are running between 30-60k front, 150-200k center, and 10-30k rear.pick something in that ball park and then tune for performance and preference.
Thanks so much

Sounds like your ready for a run. Let us know how it works for you bud..👍👍
Yeah, if NC monsoon season ever ends!!

Maroon 5 Rain GIF by NOW That's Music

well, just put the Mojave all back together, letting the loctite cure, work 2 12 hour shifts tomorrow and Friday, a friend is making a replacement bumper part with a 3d printer......after that.....

remote control car GIF by HPI Racing
yeah, I know, the Mojave is not an HPI

Last edited:
well, just put the Mojave all back together, letting the loctite cure, work 2 12 hour shifts tomorrow and Friday, a friend is making a replacement bumper part with a 3d printer......after that.....

remote control car GIF by HPI Racing
yeah, I know, the Mojave is not an HPI
It's on like donkey Kong.. hell yeah👍👍

Runs great! Was all stock fluids, cleaned out and filled up with 30k rear, 500k center, and correction…50k front….

definite difference!

front doesn’t raise as much, rig as a whole doesn’t float as much, less observable torque twist, more power to the ground!

👍👌🏆😎😈….