Mojave, 4s Good or bad?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that it is pretty clever...

I say save up some cash and get a losi 5t and convert it to electric! it will be super stupidly fun lol
just wait till yu get one with a arrma. dirt gets in super easy.
and the thing DOES NOT SLIDE. you need a screwdriver to ply it out.

well, then my typhon and vendetta are both worse lol
Oh lol. Well, my Senton isn't no more lol. I Was scammed buying it used and the guy said that it had everything. Turns out, the front diff was completely stripped and destroyed and the slipper clutch was JB welded together. Also was missing the block thingy that would hold the center assembly in place so I just always hot glued it in place lol. Also didn't come with a center driveshaft.

just arrmas 'power module'. tottally awful design.

just wait till yu get one with a arrma. dirt gets in super easy.
and the thing DOES NOT SLIDE. you need a screwdriver to ply it out.
Well, I must be an oddball. The "power module" is just different from what has been around. I don't mind it, because it's one of those areas where I don't mess with much. Like the great Ron Popeil said, "Set it, and forget it." Sure, I was quick to judge it, but it was not a deal breaker for me. The same thing for Tekno's one piece motor mount... it's just different than what people are used to. It's more time consuming to work on, but a welcome change to keep the price down as much as possible without changing the durability.

The deal breaker for me is price, of course, and shocks. The Vendetta, and it's power module, would not have been considered (by me) if it weren't for the stupid "let's see how fast these sell" price.

Arrma should have never got rid of the Senton 6S platform. That would have been the perfect base for the Mojave "4S"
1703333155647.png

I believe the Senton 6S packed more value into it than what's offered in the current 4S lineup. IMO.

In any case, turbo27, I can't wait to see what you decide.

Well, I must be an oddball. The "power module" is just different from what has been around. I don't mind it, because it's one of those areas where I don't mess with much. Like the great Ron Popeil said, "Set it, and forget it." Sure, I was quick to judge it, but it was not a deal breaker for me. The same thing for Tekno's one piece motor mount... it's just different than what people are used to. It's more time consuming to work on, but a welcome change to keep the price down as much as possible without changing the durability.

The deal breaker for me is price, of course, and shocks. The Vendetta, and it's power module, would not have been considered (by me) if it weren't for the stupid "let's see how fast these sell" price.

Arrma should have never got rid of the Senton 6S platform. That would have been the perfect base for the Mojave "4S"
View attachment 177554
I believe the Senton 6S packed more value into it than what's offered in the current 4S lineup. IMO.

In any case, turbo27, I can't wait to see what you decide.
In our Granite, I have had to remove the power module a number of times to get debri out of there. I can see the mounting guides of it wearing out eventually. It is a stupid crappy design. I'll never buy another Arrma RC that has it.

Am finding Arrma power module has its challenges regarding pinion gear changes. Takes a bit more time and tussle than I'm used to. Suffice it to say hasty pinion gear changes are not its strong point.

Arrma's focus is more toward than the bench-work basher than the pit-conscious racer. From a basher aspect the Arrma power module desgin is doable for me. Actually don't dislike it. Find it a creative concept for say, swapping out modules b/w drag and speed set-ups. Looking to a build of two of those power modules for my 2WD Senton eventually.

Am finding Arrma power module has its challenges regarding pinion gear changes. Takes a bit more time and tussle than I'm used to. Suffice it to say hasty pinion gears changes are not its strong point.

Arrma's focus is more toward than the bench-work basher than the pit-conscious racer. From a basher aspect the Arrma power module desgin is doable for me. Actually don't dislike it. Find it a creative concept for say, swapping out modules b/w drag and speed set-ups. Looking to a build of two of those power modules for my 2WD Senton eventually.
That is actually a smart way to utilize the module - having multiple setups.