moderately priced replacement servos...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayerbasher46

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
been trying to do some research, but there are so many choices its unbelievable, i have been ebaying traxxas 2075s, for awhile now, and like being able to go out in questionable conditions, but they dont last long. even getting them for 20 dollars or so, i would like some real ideas on some decent high torque high speed servos for throttle and steering.

+1. The HiTec 645 is a great servo for the price. You can get them for around $40.

Yeah, that's quite the popular servo. I've seen that number tossed around the boards for years.

The 645 isn't water resistant.

I really only buy the 985 now. $70, but is fast, strong and water resistant. 1 is all you need for steering and running one on the brakes/throttle works well too since it has an o-ring on the output shaft to keep standing water out. They are rated at 172oz/.13 sec @ 6V. Good little servos for not a ton of cash.

I've been using the same ones on my savage, aftershock for over 3 years and have been running them on my revo for a year. Prior to these, I'd fry at least 2 or 3 in the winter due to snow.

thats kinda were i was going, want to keep water proof, thanks guys.....

p.s. both older Revos I've had i removed the second steering servo immediately, never saw the need for two...........

Could be why your going through them so fast, the stock servos don't have a whole lot of torque and they are plastic geared. It takes at least 140oz to turn MT wheels decently.

I only run the one servo for steering, but @ 172oz, it gets the job done quite easily.

its never the steering servo i have issues with, its always the throttle, i set up the throttle with a light return spring behind the servo horn with a set screw to eliminate stress on the servo, and still........ did this on the slayer and the revo...

It has to be binding at some point. Even a tiny bit at the end of the servos stroke will cause it to wear out prematurely.

I use bluebird servo's and they're quite good for revo,I use BMS-620MG

Back