Mod 1.5 gears?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was reading something on another forum today that mentioned something about mod 1.5 gears. Is there such a thing and what scale is that used for? I've not heard of mod 1.5 before

Absolutely there is such a thing. Mod 1.5 is typically used on 1/5 scale. Mod 1.0 and0.8 are typically for 1/8 scale. I am currently thinking of using Mod 1.5 gears in my X-Maxx.

I was reading something on another forum today that mentioned something about mod 1.5 gears. Is there such a thing and what scale is that used for? I've not heard of mod 1.5 before
Yes sir re there is. They are some heavy duty gears wide thick gears I was looking into them GDS and WFO.Have some good ones. that will fix the X8s But it has a 8mm motor shaft hole. And you will need the traxxas shaft spacer to fit the gears. Should work on any 5mm motor shaft though. I would think maybe 🤔.

Yes sir re there is. They are some heavy duty gears wide thick gears I was looking into them GDS and WFO.Have some good ones. that will fix the X8s But it has a 8mm motor shaft hole. And you will need the traxxas shaft spacer to fit the gears. Should work on any 5mm motor shaft though. I would think maybe 🤔.
Ill look in to that for both of my TP motors as they have 8mm shafts.

I only have one 1/5 scale and the K8 uses Mod 1 gearing so I wasn't familiar with mod 1.5

Ill

I only have one 1/5 scale and the K8 uses Mod 1 gearing so I wasn't familiar with mod 1.5
Yeah not many companies make them. But they are made. And they are huge

yeah there's a few companies out there making them

their not super well) big yet but their getting there

I have a set on my xmaxx 8s

yeah there's a few companies out there making them

their not super well) big yet but their getting there

I have a set on my xmaxx 8s
How do you like them.. what motor you running in your X? I will start upgrading soon... but haven't had any issues with mine as stock yet.. I went over entire truck when took out of box... meshed gears correctly didn't like the pin set 😝, changed to steel gears the first week,, greased everything, haven't had problems yet.. and I beat it. Every time it goes out.....

Back