missing flm engine mount and rpm knuckle prob

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k5floyd

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i have a flm .21 chassis and i had to cut my engine mount in half in order to fit my picco .28. my max has been out of service and taken apart for some time now and now that I'm am trying to get it back together and running i have discovered that i am missing one of the halfs of the engine mount. does anyone know where i can get a replacement engine mount without the rest of the .21 kit?

my other prob is that i bought rpm true trac set up for the rear and rpm arms and knuckles for the front. however i could never get the pivot ball caps to go in the knuckles straight. they always wanted to go in crooked and cross thread. i ended up going with just rpm arms and stock knuckles all the way around. id like to go back to the true trac set up and rpm knuckles up front. does anyone know what pivot ball caps i need to use to make this work and where to get them?

thanks everyone

you can probly find the mount at a local hobby store. the hobby town usa near me, their manager always has tons of kits broken apart in the back trying to build a bigger badder rc. Try that first, if not, contact the manufacture and ask for just that part, they usually are pretty co-operative.

I've had issues threading traxxas caps into RPM arms when using hand tools. I use a drill with a hex bit on it so I can get good even pressure as I thread it in. Also, a bit of wax or soap on the threads might help them cut easier.

Got a photo of the engine mount half that you have? You may be able to use a generic BB two piece mount.

Back