Mirco Helis'

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToRqUe

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anybody have experiance or info on these Helis' casue I'm tryin 2 get into Helis' but i dont kno if i should start w/ a Mirco Heli' or a full size electrice 1 ???

Helis are hard to learn. I recommend getting a computer simulator, like Realflight2. Some guys around here have experience, but RCU has a big heli forum with a beginner section, check there for a lot of info here.

Yeah what he said. If your just getting into it a Simulator is a MUST! Then the next step would be a micro, then a bigger one. Plan on spending some cash though because these badboys are expensive!!

ight..........where can i find this simulator ???

I know somone who has a little helli that he's practicing with. He said he just play's with it at his house trying to land it and if you crash it's in easy fix because of the material it's made out of, its made to crash.

That is te kind i wanna start w/

Theres ones on Ebay that are like $125 that are like that. That are good starter copters but yet still fun to toy with. Id check that out. Also Ebay or tower is a good place to pickup a simulator.

Picco makes a micro heli you might be interested in. Check out their site. I've had a .46 nitro heli for about 4 years now, but after the first nerve wracking day of learning to hover I got the RealFlight G2 simulator. Unless you have an endless supply of cash for parts, or don't care how bad you wreck it, you should learn on G2. The program and USB controller (6 channel flight joystick radio) runs about $230.
Helis are expensive, and require a tremendous amount of time to inspect and maintain. Just like a real one.

Where can i get the G2 @ my LHS ???

Your LHS should have it or be able to order it for you. You can also check it out on the Knife Edge site, or just do a search on RealFlight G2. The link is in another computer that won't boot up.

ight, thankz...........

I own a Feda Dragonfly micro heli. It's gaining a fair amount of popularity as a good starter electric. You can find them all over Ebay pretty cheap. Replacement parts (of which you will need MANY) are relatively easy to find on the web. It flies well. It's fixed pitch so that you don't need to learn how to program a collective pitch machine right away and can use a 4 (rather than 6) channel radio. Most of these come as a complete package at a pretty decent price.
If you're looking for info, RC Universe has good forums. Or go to www.runryder.com. Plenty of info there.
And yes, get a simulator. I just bought one since I was tired of crashing my heli and plane. I got Reflex XTR and it works well. Some say Aerofly Pro is the best, but I think Reflex, Aerofly or G2 will work fine.

Back