MIP clutch ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrferly2004

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
is anyone runnin the mip clutch? the one with 2 sets of holes? can anyone tell me which set of holes to use? i drive solely offroad and also have a heavy truck. I'm runnin moab xls with rc solution roll cage. Thanks

I looked it up havent used one myself and I think u either match the outer holes or th inner holes try a couple dif. positions and make sure your clutch bell fits over it after you put the clutch on.. some times it is tryal and error .

i have used the MIP in the past. I used the outer holes inverted position. the inner holes splipped way to much. ( behind a .26 picco anyway)

they worked well for a while until the shoe distorted at the second hole position. i did get about 2 gallons on them first.

That clutch was more for a racer. It would allow more snap off the line and out of the corners with the inside holes. The outside holes were the same as stock, which comparatively made the clutch engage at a lower rpm which made for a more tame hole shot power delivery.

MIP has 4 clutches. no. 1 MIP1620, jato. no.2 MIP9171, slayer. no3. MIP3078, t-maxx. no4.MIP1664,t-maxx, revo. list price $16.49. the 1664 is to be dropped. i have owned only the 1664, it didnt seam much different than stock traxxas to me, but to a better driver may tell what the diff is. i dont know what the diff is. i have trouble with the traxxas clutch with the spring touching the bell. there are a lot of diff clutches out there. i think ill try the stock type without the spring, what think?

By saying the inside holes do u mean setup A or B from the instructions. Do u mean using the holes on the left or right? I'm confused. Lol

Back