mip center

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks correct to me. I am currently running the exact MIP kit on one of my old #4910 MAXX trucks.

I have had no issues at all with them. I am currently running a Picco .21 maxx engine and they are holding up good.

thanks hulk I think I'm gonna go ahead and get me a set and see how they do

Yep that’s the correct shaft for the short chassis and black transmission.
If those you linked too are the same old cheap metal shafts I had (and they appear to be) I would look at something else like the THS center cvd’s.

Hard to keep them together even with red locktite and modification to the cross pins, and they wear rather quickly also.

I tried both the silver, and black mip centers back in the day and keep this picture just to remind me how quick they wear. Notice the worn cup where the cross pin is. That’s after only about 2 gallons with a small block and the pin had been replaced twice.

MIPcenter-2_zpsa7ba8332.gif

My MIP shafts have never broke or let me down. They have been on my truck through 2 engines. First engine was a 2.5 now my Picco .21 MAXX if it has not broke them I doubt you would have issues. My bro's Maxx has a 3.3 also running the same set with no problem and we beat our rigs pretty hard. The THS ones are good also. If you check egay you can find a set listed on there for like $15.00. I am running a set of those also with no problem. I belive they are RC best brand from Kong Kong. I also am running a set of RC Best bulk heads and they have held up nicely. :D Snook def knows what he is talking about though. He is the man!

Last edited:
I might try the mip ones after i try the best rc ones bc i just ordered a set of them today i looked at the customer reviews and found like 5 people that bought them for the 2.5 maxx and i emailed them thru ebay and asked how the product was holding up they all said they are doing well one guy said he is running with a .26 picco and has had no problems out of them over about 5 gallons so we will see either way if they will last 8 or 9 gallons can't beat that for 20 bucks shipped

---------- Post added at 2:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:00 PM ----------

what would you guys say is the best cvd drive kit for front and rear axles

I might try the mip ones after i try the best rc ones bc i just ordered a set of them today i looked at the customer reviews and found like 5 people that bought them for the 2.5 maxx and i emailed them thru ebay and asked how the product was holding up they all said they are doing well one guy said he is running with a .26 picco and has had no problems out of them over about 5 gallons so we will see either way if they will last 8 or 9 gallons can't beat that for 20 bucks shipped

---------- Post added at 2:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:00 PM ----------

what would you guys say is the best cvd drive kit for front and rear axles

Yah the RC best are good quality to. If they hold up against a Picco .26 they should take about anything.:D

The Newer MIP's may be made with better quality steel than the old ones from 8 or so years ago were... Not a chance I'm willing to take.

me either for 40 bucks but ill gambke 20 for the best rc and see how they hold up and if they domt do so hot ill go from there but I'm not plannin on running a picco or anything so it should be alright

Back