Mini V8 into RC car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull14218

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was curious if anyone has tried it, you know the tiny model v8 motors, I don't know anything about them but it would be awesome if someone ever put one in a monster truck or something!

I saw a T-Bucket with one quite a while back. My concerns would be cooling and a transmission

Yep, multiple companies used to offer kits. Connely being one of the biggest distributors. They did a T bucket and a Shelby AC cobra if memory serves. There was also a guy on Youtube that built a 1/4 scale Gravedigger using one of their engines.

Pretty sweet I'll have to look it up

Search on Google. There are a bunch of guys out there who have done it... It seems like an aweful lot of money and work for the coolness factor. I am ALL about insanity in 1:1 cars but from what I have seen out of the scale v-8's, performance seems to be lacking. YouTube has a few videos of them running too.

It's either a mini V8 RC or a full size car. You decide.

That's an expensive novelty ,has nothing to do with the average rcer in my opinion!...However ,
it is cool!...:D

It would cost you less to buy a full size car and power it with 80 nitro engines. :cool: Still has the cool factor when you raise the hood.
I wouldn't want to be the one that gives it a tune-up.:thumbs-down:

It would cost you less to buy a full size car and power it with 80 nitro engines. :cool: Still has the cool factor when you raise the hood.
I wouldn't want to be the one that gives it a tune-up.:thumbs-down:

But you'd be the one furiously polishing them....

It's either a mini V8 RC or a full size car. You decide.
I want both! Lol

I do own 2 RC cars and 2 real summer cars... And a winter vehicle! I should probably get rid of one so I can focus on one summer vehicle.

I think they're great, I wish they were easier to find.