Millennium Falcon XL was a turd, but……

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozmonot71

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I got my son a Millennium Falcon XL drone for Christmas quite a while ago. Time sure flies. The drone didn’t fly very well. Won’t go into details. Anyway I came across it while I was moving. I was wondering if replacing all the electronics would improve flight characteristics. I don’t know much about drones.
Out of the box, if you flew this thing and there was even a slight breeze, forget it. If you were indoor, don’t get near a wall it will suck you right into it. So, is the body the issue or would better tech over come it? It’s cool looking. I’m a Star Wars nut. If I could make this work 🤘🤘
5298BA11-38AE-4C2B-911E-6AE4C25D6D07.png

Better electronics would definitely help, but yeah, that body is going to catch a lot of wind. One thing you could do is put a lot better motors in it that have more power, then add a little weight to it. That will make it harder for the wind to affect it, but also make it a bit more sluggish to fly. At best, it's a gimmick drone, and you would get much better performance out of a regular bodied drone.

Better electronics would definitely help, but yeah, that body is going to catch a lot of wind. One thing you could do is put a lot better motors in it that have more power, then add a little weight to it. That will make it harder for the wind to affect it, but also make it a bit more sluggish to fly. At best, it's a gimmick drone, and you would get much better performance out of a regular bodied drone.
I was thinking that body was an issue too. Definitely better motors and controller. Probably gut it completely. I’d like to keep the sound effects lol. I can’t think of anyway to reduce surface area. Cut out as much as I can. Idk, it’s down on my list right now. Want to build a scale crawler first. Then, a Frankenstein basher lol

Back