Microsoft program questions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my question is, is Microsoft word and Microsoft WORKS Word Processor compatible. As in can i open a WORKS word processor file in Microsoft word program if its on a disk. The program layout looks pretty much the same but i dont know if the files are interchangable. The reason i ask is beacause my printer just took a big crap in the toilet and i need to print some stuff out, and i have stupid windows ME on here that cam with the works stuff. Any help will be appreciated.

I think they are the same, check the filename and if it ends in .doc it is good to go.

ok thanks a bunch Humbold i think itll work ill give it a try when i goto school tomorrow.

Native works files do not open in word. Thanks to MS marketing, they didn't make them compatable. But like HB said, if you save them in doc, rtf or txt format, they should go both ways, though you might loose some special formatting with those file formats.

Yea I run into that all the time in work. People bringing in works files and trying to open them in word. It makes no sense. I can understand word files not opening in works but the other way around should work.

I usually just tell them to save the works files in RTF format. that usually keeps all the formating and what not.

sLY

it wont feed paper and then when you finally get it to feed it takes like 7 papers then if you print out more than 1 page it wont feed the second page. Ill just save the files as .doc like i was told above and print stuff out in school until i pick up a new printer.

Originally posted by FastEddy
Whats wrong with your printer?

Originally posted by Domination
it wont feed paper and then when you finally get it to feed it takes like 7 papers then if you print out more than 1 page it wont feed the second page. Ill just save the files as .doc like i was told above and print stuff out in school until i pick up a new printer.

It just sounds like a problem with the paper feed rollers. They need occasional maintenance.
Look down at the bottom of the paper feed tray, and you'll see a long row of black rubber rollers. They get covered with dust and paper lint after repeated use. Clean them with denatured alcohol.

Back