Micro Capra clone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I have had this rolling around for quite awhile now but I guess I never shared it within its own thread so here it is in all its glory: the micro Capra Injora clone chassis based on scx24 links and driveshafts, equipped with fms fcx24 portal axles. It’s sporting a big block 130 sized brushed motor from mofo RC and the furitek iguana(or is it a lizard) esc. I slapped on some injora brass beadlock wheels with either mini pin tires and fitting flubber stuffer foam alternatives, or hyrax knockoffs with flubber stuffers. The mini pins are tall and tend to rub, the chirax are pretty wide but have perfect height. I have it paired up to a radiolink tx/rx and recently installed a rear steer setup.
This thing will outcrawl any spider in this galaxy.

IMG_4755.jpeg

If anyone is interested in how I stuck fcx24 portal axles under an scx24 just ask and we can talk about it. I will also post more pics of the details. I saw someone else do it on Reddit so followed in suit. The portals give it a boost in speed, the big block is like a v8 in a Mazda Miata, and with the furitek plus the app you can dial it in real nice. I’ve had this scx24 for quite a few years and never found anything that quite satisfied me with it. I had my Datsun 620 pickup model hard body on it but it just seemed too top heavy on the stock chassis, then the ugly mofo chassis only did marginally better. The carisma msa 1e shocks always leaked and were a pain to mount on the frame, I could never find the right shock standoffs. There’s pictures on RCCrawler of that 620 pickup. Looks real cool but wasn’t optimal.

Last edited:
So this thing is fast…..before the fms portal axle swap it had some pep, I was using the 050 barrage type brushed motor then swapped to the big block. I swapped in the portal axles and it was a totally different animal. Wicked fast, this thing does wheelies on the carpet.
I haven’t ran it for months because I’ve been in to other rigs, and although it’s bound to a radiolink rc4gs which is nice, you have to adjust steering trim between the different vehicles. Maybe I’m binding the ID seed wrong though.
Swapping in to fms portal axles is the best thing any scx24 can have. Period. Ok ok, besides swapping out that weak motor and that weak servo.

Back