MGT. Spring time.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
Freshing up the old a$$ MGT. for this spring ,won some Fast Eddy's bearings ,will put
them through the test!....:D

She sat for a long time ,its time to wake her up!....:p

Installing these from Fast Eddy.

Holy moly that thing needs a good bath. :D

Its been awhile ,life went crazy on me ,but any way ,I manage to pull it out of its cave today ,got to get it back together!...:cool:

Definitely watching this lol, one of these days i need to get RPM arms for mine. kind of surprised i havent actually broken an a-arm yet though.

Definitely watching this lol, one of these days i need to get RPM arms for mine. kind of surprised i havent actually broken an a-arm yet though.

I couldn't do any work today on it ,tomorrow would be better ,my grandson is here playing his game an can't
focus on it!
LOL...dang thing is all dusty & dirty again ,I should have bagged it!...:doh:

I hate leaving stuff apart for too long ,now I have to rummage through everything!....:doh:

just kind of noticed, is that the whole 8.0 trans assembly? or is that just the spur gear mounted on that? man those shock towers are nice!
and definitely, was some serious digging when i first was getting my MGT going again after sitting for 10+ years lol.

just kind of noticed, is that the whole 8.0 trans assembly? or is that just the spur gear mounted on that? man those shock towers are nice!
and definitely, was some serious digging when i first was getting my MGT going again after sitting for 10+ years lol.

It is an 8.0 spur that I modified to fit ,I had to grind the center lip down to fit ,I think ,can't remember ,I have the
rest of the shaft mount with the bearing left.
I had bought it on auction thinking it would fit ,but the spur shaft is different ,however ,they may fit by changing
the spur shaft out in the tranny itself ,the shaft assembly may fit in the 4.6 tranny ,but I dont know yet!

The shock towers are made by Hardcore ,lol....you may never ever find them ,unless someone pops a set out on Ebay ,
they are the rarest!...:D

The shock towers are made by Hardcore ,lol....you may never ever find them ,unless someone pops a set out on Ebay ,
they are the rarest!...:D
yup sadly, hardcore made some great stuff. definitely weren't cheap. you remember seeing all the MGT themed builds they were doing for awhile there? like the Spiderman MGT and stuff?

yup sadly, hardcore made some great stuff. definitely weren't cheap. you remember seeing all the MGT themed builds they were doing for awhile there? like the Spiderman MGT and stuff?

Another rare item , is those Mip Super duty axles ,I had broke one of mine when it jammed due to not paying attention to
how far that I had the wheel hub set ,causing it to pop out of the cup!...:doh::doh::doh:

I seen some regular Mip shafts on Ebay just awhile ago ,but they werent the Supers ,an they were $68 bucks!...?

I was in that time period ,thats why that you see my truck with different stuff done ,like colors painted on some of
my parts ,some of those folks built some awesome trucks ,but they also had fancy machining done that cost big
bucks or they had access to the tools!...Those people were richer than I was!.....LOL

My tie rods are Lunsford ,I seen some on Ebay ,WOW...they very costly!...?

Another rare item , is those Mip Super duty axles ,I had broke one of mine when it jammed due to not paying attention to
how far that I had the wheel hub set ,causing it to pop out of the cup!...:doh::doh::doh:

I seen some regular Mip shafts on Ebay just awhile ago ,but they werent the Supers ,an they were $68 bucks!...?

I was in that time period ,thats why that you see my truck with different stuff done ,like colors painted on some of
my parts ,some of those folks built some awesome trucks ,but they also had fancy machining done that cost big
bucks or they had access to the tools!...Those people were richer than I was!.....LOL

My tie rods are Lunsford ,I seen some on Ebay ,WOW...they very costly!...?
lol i remember looking through magazines drooling over the MIP Super Duty axles. funnily enough had broken a stock one but couldnt afford the 100$+ in axles so i just got a stock pair for like 20$. (still kicking to this day though)
its kind of funny because after looking on BYT and seeing your threads on your MGT kind of remember following your threads back in the day, dont even remember if i posted or not lol dont even remember my log in.
i just ended up getting super lucky with my first one as it had already been upgraded a bunch by the previous owner, (honestly when i bought it, i though the powerstrokes were just the stock shocks missing the springs)
i got super lucky and got 2 full sets of the Factory Team turnbuckles for less then 10$ lol. havent installed them yet, was gonna try trading someone a full set and a set of FT shock bodies for a FT chassis, think that fell through though.

truck is looking good!
those shock tower screws are pretty long lol think they are like 20mm?

lol i remember looking through magazines drooling over the MIP Super Duty axles. funnily enough had broken a stock one but couldnt afford the 100$+ in axles so i just got a stock pair for like 20$. (still kicking to this day though)
its kind of funny because after looking on BYT and seeing your threads on your MGT kind of remember following your threads back in the day, dont even remember if i posted or not lol dont even remember my log in.
i just ended up getting super lucky with my first one as it had already been upgraded a bunch by the previous owner, (honestly when i bought it, i though the powerstrokes were just the stock shocks missing the springs)
i got super lucky and got 2 full sets of the Factory Team turnbuckles for less then 10$ lol. havent installed them yet, was gonna try trading someone a full set and a set of FT shock bodies for a FT chassis, think that fell through though.

truck is looking good!
those shock tower screws are pretty long lol think they are like 20mm?

Most of upgrades that I have were bought cheap on auction back in those days ,including that $110.00 FT chassy ,thats
when Ebay was at its best on those goodies!
I dont think that I ever broke an axle ,however ,I think that one axle ,the wheel stud had snapped plum in two ,but I
think that it was a factory flaw ,I still have a ton of those left ,LOL....I think that I have enough parts to build a 4th truck ,
including another Hpi 5.9 engine ,Hmmm ,maybe I smell a race build version!...:D

do it!!! lol man i miss MT racing. brought so much innovation for the nitro MT trucks. probably one of the main reasons Losi came out with the LST, then Muggy, and started the whole truggy thing off.

do it!!! lol man i miss MT racing. brought so much innovation for the nitro MT trucks. probably one of the main reasons Losi came out with the LST, then Muggy, and started the whole truggy thing off.
After I get my Mgt. back together ,I will rummage through ,an gather up all of my Mgt. parts an see ,one thing that would
be hard to get ,is another o-way bearing for the trans. ,I may do something different on the radio tray layout ,I have two
radio gear boxes laying ,but want to change the radio gear layout ,I don't know yet ,I just have to rack my brain an lay
it all out ,I have aluminum material for any custom stuff as well!

Here is some of the stuff that I have ,an I got more in the shed!...:cool:

Screwing the front diff down & getting the shock tower back on ,then install the engine ,still waiting for the mail man .
the tires arrived at my town ,they should be here today!....:celebrate:

I got shock tower on an shocks screwed in place ,but inspecting my clutch shoes ,they are done ,the spring is almost
popping up out of its groove ,so I will have to find my extra shoes & clean my fuel tank an get those installed ,but
glad I got the shock tower on as it is more of a pain in the butt to me than clutches!

Back