mgt 4.6 I need help ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javyn

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys I'm new to the r.c. cars n trucks but I own a few cars for a new guy but , I admitt
Ppl are surprised on what they see . Any way my mgt has a aluminum gears and aftermarket shocks I need help on this because its the first truck I've owned n I'm not sure why tires don't move in the front when truck is on the floor I haven't started it yet because I don't know what's wrong with it ???

Just start with the obvious and check to see if the brakes are on

brakes on will make all 4 wheels not turn. Its most likely in the front diff.

Ok the tire move side to side when I stand it up but don't move when I place the truck down is it suppose to be this way a guy at the hobby shop told me that its fine tires turn when truck is on n moving but idk I want someone who won't make me spend unnecessary money if its not needed

Like NickBoulin said start by taking a look at your front diff a hard landing on the front or rear can take out a diff ,

Does it have power to the rearend but not the front? If so start small by looking at your center driveshafts and individual dogbones going to each front wheel for missing pins in the knuckle area. If they all seem to be there you may wanna take the tires off the front and look at the hexes in the rims. I had a couple come loose on me and actually round out the hex. And finally if those are good than dive into the diff. Start small and easy before you get into a huge teardown. Not only would you find an easier solution to your fixes but it gives you an opportunity to examine some other areas of your rig for wear and tear. Just my .02

Does it have power to the rearend but not the front? If so start small by looking at your center driveshafts and individual dogbones going to each front wheel for missing pins in the knuckle area. If they all seem to be there you may wanna take the tires off the front and look at the hexes in the rims. I had a couple come loose on me and actually round out the hex. And finally if those are good than dive into the diff. Start small and easy before you get into a huge teardown. Not only would you find an easier solution to your fixes but it gives you an opportunity to examine some other areas of your rig for wear and tear. Just my .02

Well said

Back