Merv VXL on 2s LiPo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Still pretty quick or what? My wife wants one, but I don't want to buy a bunch of different batteries. I'd like to stick with 2s, since that's what I use, and I'll be using for my Flux too.

yeah they run pretty good on 2s. Nothing like 3 but 3 is kinda hard to drive on with the mervs.

Cool. When we get our taxes, I'm getting my Flux HP, and she's getting the MERV VXL. And I guess I'll be picking about a half dozen 2s LiPos too!

Doesn't the Flux run off a full size battery though? Will the small 1/16 batteries you have to use in the merv even let the flux run for more than 10 minutes?

I'm guessing he's gonna be running 2-2s packs, so 4s.

I thought the merv ran off a full size battery?

---------- Post added at 7:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:08 PM ----------

I'm guessing he's gonna be running 2-2s packs, so 4s.

I'll run the Flux on 4s

The merv runs on a small pack.

Those are 3s though so make note of that if you want to run 2s instead.

Check hobbypartz.com too, then Gen packs are cheap also and luckily they ship out of cali.

I'll probably hit hobbypartz.com anyway, I need some standard size 2s for the Flux and my SCT.

Sorry to throw a speed bump your way alien, but I wanted to throw that out there about the battery size so you didn't waste any money. I run a summit 1/16 vxl and those nano techs are really good batteries. However I myself believe the venom actually perform the best and longest and the new hard case one seems to not heat up what so ever even when I am strictly just running full throttle threw the whole pack. The Traxxas ones designed for their 1/16 seem to be decent as well. Another battery I have had no issue with is the turnigy ones one ebay. I have never paid more than about 16 bucks for one and I know A LOT of people say they are crap but I have had no issues what so ever and have gotten a most for under 12 bucks when bidding smart. And for around 16 to 22 bucks you can get the zippy ones which are another cheap battery that seem to run well. Just please make sure you throw a heat sink on that motor and IMO the fan that mounts on top of the ESC is a must.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXMP0&P=ML

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turnigy-1-7...Accessories&hash=item4843cc7a09#ht_500wt_1054

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zippy-2200-...Accessories&hash=item4843dc1712#ht_500wt_1054

Yep, I can confirm those are a perfect fit. You may have to slot the battery doors a tad for the wires though, as there's is no left over room with these packs. $9 each from the US warehouse is nice too. And I'm just the opposite, I've had better luck with Turnigy and gensacearespammers than with some of the bigger brand name packs. Mine will still flip over backwards running these (indoors, haven't got to take it outside yet). :D

Yep, I can confirm those are a perfect fit. You may have to slot the battery doors a tad for the wires though, as there's is no left over room with these packs. $9 each from the US warehouse is nice too. And I'm just the opposite, I've had better luck with Turnigy and gensacearespammers than with some of the bigger brand name packs. Mine will still flip over backwards running these (indoors, haven't got to take it outside yet). :D

No back flips yet??:D

You still haven't taken it outside? Running lipo indoors takes skill. :hehe:

Won't have to worry about batteries, now she want's a Savage Flux XS. Same price, uses the same batteries that I'm already using.

Back