MAYHEM got turned down from Stormer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Message to Stormer:
Hello, My name is Mat Rompa I am a High School student in Michigan and am looking for a career pathway towards Computer Design. I am willing to learn new stuff and expand my knowledge in technology. My CPU is connected with the latest designing programs including Macromedia Flash MX, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, Macromedia Fireworks MX, and Adobe Photoshop’s along with many other components in design. I was introduced to computer at a young age and very illegible to help other’s in need when a problem occurs. I believe with me on your designing team your site could have a whole new look, With my young age I know what teens and young adults want to see, And your audience is that. Family, friends, and art teachers have told me that I have a design sense, I always ask another person what they think of my art compared to others and most of the time they choose mine, they say that it is easier to read and the images are clearer. I have w orked with a couple of website before designing images and it all matters on who you no and I met the right person online, I am interested in working for your site and your site alone and no design ideas will be spread throughout sites. I may also add that I am into the hobby of Remote Controlled cars and trucks and own a Traxxas T-Maxx of my own. So please look over the revised image I have send you, I have many other talents on the computer and am willing to share to please contact me back.
Message from Stormer:
Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to write. Sounds like you are motivated and willing to try. =0)

Right now though, we are not looking to do any additional upgrading. We've got some new logos and some other items on the way, maybe see them on-line by Christmas. Likely a new operating design for the site as well, no easy trick when you stock about 20,000 part numbers.

Good luck on whatever path you find yourself on.

Regards,
Bob Stormer, Chief Executive Officer
Stormer Hobbies Inc. 23 High Speed Rd., Glasgow, MT 59230
http://www.stormerhobbies.com

Tough luck ahh Ohh well

Image I sent them attached:
stormer.gif

You will need a portfolio of your work to show people.
Words are Words; Examples of your work need no explanation.
Make a mock up of their site the way you see it and send it to them.
Don’t give up…

Originally posted by FastEddy
Don’t give up…
Eddy gives great Idea you should keep at them if that is really what you would like to do. I will give one piece of advice and this is not ment to mean. If you sent the exact same text as listed about I noted some spelling and grahmer errors.. Now I am the last one to ever talk smack about spelling and so fourth I mean MS OFFICE and Spell check are the best things in the world. But one thing that will help you imensly is to make sure when you draft something have atleast 2 other people read over it to check for spellling and punctuation. Remeber this letter is the very first imperssion they get of you.. You don't want a single misspelled word to dicsount the fact that you can rock the Images.. you know what I mean.. Anyway I think the image is slick..
Also I have been meaning to send Stormer a letter telling them to update their website. The front page is OOOLLLLLDDDDdd... Anyway best of luck. X

P.S. Mayhem if you want something to pratice on feel free to make me a Logo link to use In my signature..For my site www.dirtyrc.com ;) ;)

Originally posted by FastEddy
Don’t give up…
Eddy speaks with wisdom here. Another thign to consider is making several different designs that they can see the versitility of your work and maybe suggest a a look that combings different parts of your designs. Show them how much better their site can look and more option you can give them to improve their business. I mean their bottom line is to make money and the better their site looks and the more people see their site the more business they get.

Back