Maxx keeps dying

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I took out my Maxx today finally got a very nice warm day and it fired right up. The problem is that as soon as I hit the throttle it dies instantly I tried adjusting the Hsn but no luck, last time I ran it I had no problems at all about a week ago, I did forget to empty my tank it had less than half a tank in it and I filled it up to the top today could this have caused my problem? Thanks in Advance

Jesse

I would suggest you take off all fuel line,tank and clean them.
And I would also take off the carb and dissasemble it all the way take out the needles and dust boot things like that and claen them then dry everything oil the carb pats and put it all back together and go to carb settings then try.

Rolex said:
Hmff....urrgh....hack.....glub......I think I'm gonna' ooooooh...... :puke:

HAHA very helpfull Rolex :trout:

You probably don't need to break down the carb. Just dump the fuel, flush the tank with some new fuel, clean the fuel filter, take off the air filter and plug the carb with your finger while spinning the starter without heating the glow plug. That should suck any 'snot' out of the needle valves. It will also flood the engine, so clear it out, then reconnect the glow wire and do the normal startup procedure to get it running.

Thank you thats much more helpfull lmao I thought I was going to hurl there for a minute lol. I have also been usingTrinity 20% Break in Blend I bought it before I knew anything about nitros anyway what would you suggest I use instead of this?

I always ran Blue Thunder 20%, and ONLY ran a quart of Traxxas Top Fuel to protect the warranty during the break in when I upgraded from the .15 to the 2.5. As soon as the quart was empty, I went back to Blue Thunder.
A few months ago I started to notice that other 2.5s that I had tuned were all running better than mine. It turns out they were using Top Fuel. One of the guys gave me a couple of tankfulls, and after a re-tweek mine ran with theirs.
Traxxas fuel is specifically formulated for Traxxas engines, so now, that's what I recommend.

I think you and rolex should go and see a doctor about your eating disorders all this :puke: Is starting to make me sick to!!!! :spit:

Lmao I know what a horrible disorrder to have :puke: lol I just dont want to loose my figure haha

Jesse did you just put on that air intake style carb? I think thatd do it, or is the prob. Try taking it off and see how it goes. (Dont run without ANY filter on though). I just seen your other thread and ran into the same prob when I had a intake style filter.

I have had it on there for a while but I have had a hell of a time trying to get it tuned I think I will get a stock one and try that thanks :)

Jesse, when you say you adjusted the HSN, which way di dyou make the adjustment? Is it warmer now than when you last ran it?

Yeah it was a little warmer I tried to richen the mixture it seemed to be running out of fuel, I think my problem was the fuel it was extremely dark and stunk bad!!!! When I pored the fuel out it looked like it was seperating, anyway I'm going to get new fuel for it before I run it again so for now I cleaned the tank out, then before I knew it I had cleaned the entire truck lol It looks brand new again.

OK, Jesse, good move, get fresh fuel. Sounds like it went funky on you.

Also, warm weather, leaner HSN. Cooler weather, richer. Since spring in the west is usually dry (so humidity is not a factor) the big changes we get are temps, and it can really vary between days. Try fresh fuel and if boggy lean it a bit if it is hotter out than the last time you ran.

Thanks Revo I will do that when I get the fuel :).