Mavic Pro, Fly More Combo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I have a chance to pick up a 6 month old Mavic Pro Fly more kit, with extra filters, bag, and all the goodies that came with the fly more pack. He is asking $700. This is a good friend and he is looking to get the Mavic Enterprise. I know it was well cared for and he is an experienced pilot. I know with anything used in RC is definitely buyer beware. The nature of the hobby... you inevitably crash and are hard on your gear.... which is part of the fun.
So what do you experts think about this. Price seems fair for its age, and referb units online are still $800 without the extras.

Tom

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me Tom.

I'm always a skeptic when it comes to used RC gear... especially the kits.. you just never know. However I work with this guy... so if he sells me junk... he will have to hear about it every day! ;)
The cool thing, he is going to let me try it before I buy it... so I get to actually see it in action first... and my first flight won't be on my own after I drop the cash.
I was always on the fence when it came to quads.... mostly because the of the changing laws and potential regulation to the sale and use of them. My plan is to just fly it on my 300 acre farm... for shots to use in advertising our Vineyard and checking the gutters. I don't plan on traveling with it, but you never know. I hear there is an app that will use your location and let you know if there are any no fly zones in the area which is nice.
Besides some AMA insurance.... is there anything else I should be aware of before I make the leap?

Tom

I'm always a skeptic when it comes to used RC gear... especially the kits.. you just never know. However I work with this guy... so if he sells me junk... he will have to hear about it every day! ;)
The cool thing, he is going to let me try it before I buy it... so I get to actually see it in action first... and my first flight won't be on my own after I drop the cash.
I was always on the fence when it came to quads.... mostly because the of the changing laws and potential regulation to the sale and use of them. My plan is to just fly it on my 300 acre farm... for shots to use in advertising our Vineyard and checking the gutters. I don't plan on traveling with it, but you never know. I hear there is an app that will use your location and let you know if there are any no fly zones in the area which is nice.
Besides some AMA insurance.... is there anything else I should be aware of before I make the leap?

Tom

I have seen the prices of them ,I am quite sure that the person took care of it!

They are not like the other cheapies that are on market ,that is unique in its own way!....:cool:

I'm with others. If it's been well treated, that's a decent deal. I have a co-worker that one, and the footage is amazing for it's size, as are the flight times.
Thanks brother!!

Never buy from friends! With that said I would offer $600 ?