Maverick scout wheels slipping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adetel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone help?
I have a maverick scout and have a problem with it. If you lay it on it’s back, all of the wheels turn but there only seems to be one driving. If I touch the 3 wheels that aren’t working properly they just stop. Nothing obvious looks worn. Any ideas what this could be? Thank you

Does it run normal when it's on the ground?

Thanks for your reply. It drives ok because the working wheel pulls it along and the three non working wheels do go around. However, it won’t rock climb as the other wheels won’t drive.

Thanks for your reply. It drives ok because the working wheel pulls it along and the three non working wheels do go around. However, it won’t rock climb as the other wheels won’t drive.
Have you had the differentials apart? Sounds like a diff issue

Hi :) I’ve had a look at the diffS and all looks ok but I’m not really sure what I’m looking at to be honest?
I have a couple of videos I’ve taken of it but I can’t seem to post videos on here?

Sounds like one of your big spider gears in the differentials (whichever ones arent spinning properly) have a loose screw. You would need to take the differential apart and remove and clean and grease all the gears and make sure the screws that hold them together are tight. Can be a big project and have to make sure they go back together properly so take pics as you go. If any gears look stripped get a new set. You might be able to buy a fully assembled differential gear box for your vehicle..would be easier but more expensive.

Hi
Sorry for not replying sooner but I’ve been working and not had chance to look at it. Have done what you said and it turns out it is a diff problem. I’ve ordered the new parts for it so hopefully all will back to normal soon. Thank you so much for you time and for helping me ?