Massive Bump Steer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro RC Basher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ever since the mods i recently made, the bump steer has become unbearable. i habe zipties holding the suspension in place so i dosent do that. the smallest suspension movement makes the wheels go wayyyyyyy off wack.

should i just bring the truck back to stock like i want to? will that stop the problem.

It's a good chance returning it to stock will cure that. Mine has no bump steer to it at all.

Check your linkage and make sure you didn't put one (or both) ends of the steering turnbuckles on the wrong side of where they attach. I did that once on my maxx many years ago and had the same problem. The toe in would change very drastically when you would move the arms up and down.

Where the ends of the turnbuckles attach. They should attach from the underside of the axle carrier ear and from the underside of the steering link.

If you happened to install with the turnbuckle on the topside of those points, you affect your bump steer drastically.

I put red circles around the area that the turnbuckle bolts to. This shows that they mount from the bottom side on both the carrier and steering link:
2008-0610-SavageSteeringExample.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~98gmarquee/pics/misc/2008-0610-SavageSteeringExample.jpg

ok what bout back same?

thats exactly what i did

Olds is absolutely correct. When I got my titanium turnbuckles with the yellow ends, I thought they looked so much better on top. Major mistake. They HAVE to go on the bottom to keep the front end properly aligned.

Same all the way around.

Back