masking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've been looking at this trimmed clear lexan body for days now fearful of moving on to the next step. From what I've been picking up on by going through some threads is that I needto pick up some liquid masking material to mask the windows and what ever else I want to do. Is this something ill need some practice with or is it as easy to apply as painting a wall? How many layers should be applied?

Your body should have come with window masks. You need a relatively thick coating of the liquid mask. I prefer to use a good painter's masking tape.

Thanks for the vid. I'd never seen the liquid masking before, it reminds me of when I was a kid and we'd put glue on our hands and peel it off. lol, I don't know why I instantly thought of that.

Your body should have come with window masks. You need a relatively thick coating of the liquid mask. I prefer to use a good painter's masking tape.

I seen the tape and thought it was to make my own, but a closer inspection and I could see they were pre cut outs. TG I didn't through them away,lol

Back