Mark for holes, alredy painted body shell.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leego

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, what is the best and easiest way to mark hole for drilling in a already painted body shell?

Put a dot of paint on each body post is what I do. Sometmes unmounting the shocks help. Leys the body sit while you look at each wheel and make sure its true. If you get uneven, wipe paint off and try again.

Make sure you got a true drillbit. If its not straight and true, it may wonder and mess the paint up.

Put a dot of paint on each body post is what I do. Sometmes unmounting the shocks help. Leys the body sit while you look at each wheel and make sure its true. If you get uneven, wipe paint off and try again.

Make sure you got a true drillbit. If its not straight and true, it may wonder and mess the paint up.
THIS^^^
Only Id use a body reamer instead of a drill bit or, at least use a punch on the body before using a drill bit

You may be able to set the body on the RC and get it where you want it and shine a light from underneath and see the posts from the top. That depends on how thick the paint is though.

Another thing you can try is putting a little ball of Loctite Fun Tac mounting putty on top of each post, then set the body on and press it down into the putty.

Good luck

It's funny but you can use lipstick. Any color really. And it's cleaner then haven to get paint on the mount posts. Just rub it on the posts. And set body to where you want it. And drill holes... easy and clean...
Hi, what is the best and easiest way to mark hole for drilling in a already painted body shell?
Welcome to the fun house by the way.

It's funny but you can use lipstick. Any color really. And it's cleaner then haven to get paint on the mount posts. Just rub it on the posts. And set body to where you want it. And drill holes... easy and clean...

Welcome to the fun house by the way.
That's a good idear. What shade do you normally wear? 😜

We need a pic. Do it #####! 😂

I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA!
Triple dog dare... oh man call the FD and get warm water to remove my tounge from the flag pole hahaha. It's on

You may be able to set the body on the RC and get it where you want it and shine a light from underneath and see the posts from the top. That depends on how thick the paint is though.

Another thing you can try is putting a little ball of Loctite Fun Tac mounting putty on top of each post, then set the body on and press it down into the putty.

Good luck
I took a bit off a rubber compound, and for me it was the easiest way. Thanks for all the tips.

855F7764-5B91-4CBC-91F0-D265D516AC60.jpeg

60DED872-82EA-4F3A-BD3A-15AF92F59989.jpeg

112EBA63-B943-437F-A73C-84499CE1EE8F.jpeg

I use single sided Alien Tape put it around where you want the holes should be, then line up where the body posts are and press, it will make a good impression and then make the holes. The Alien Tape would come off as you use the reamer to make the holes.