Man Weather Sucks :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberjack_Matt

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hasnt snowed all winter here, but it figures, as soon as I get my car... BOOM... snow on the ground, 20 degree average temp drop, and 2-3 inches predicted for tommorow! I'm way to excited to start breaking in my truck... and now it feels like it will be an eternity :horsecrap

Yeah i know what you mean. I finaly got my T4 and now there is snow on the ground and I have a big race coming up in 2 weeks and I will have absolutly no drive time on it at all. I can't drive myself to the track right now because I have a broken leg. THis sucks but I will make it. I have a tendency to just show up on race day without a setup for the track and get pretty dialed real fast.

My Revo is parked on it's glas table, batteries charged, new RB Airfilter installed, all the alloy parts blink... and winter hit's... I'm crying!
Question: If I don't jump and preheat truck and fuel... can I run it?
"We do not recommend running your truck in temperatures below 35 degrees... but if you insist...

What if I insist?
Lumberjack Matt! I am suffering with you!

RevoMe, who says you shouldn't run in weather below 35 degrees? I have done it in temperatures as cold as -10 with windchill. It can be done, and running in the snow can be all kinds of fun. You just need to take precautions like warming up the engine prior to starting. Keeping it warm when it stalls or runs out of fuel...as in do not just let it cool rapidly on its own. May need to take some precautions with your electronics regarding waterproofing.

But then again, you could just let it sit there and look pretty. :D

Last edited:
I've rode my truggy at -20 before. The thing ran like a raped ape!

Of course these are already broken in rigs...I just re-read your post lumberjack...and I'd recommend waiting for decent weather to break in your engine. Freezing cold is not good for engine break in.

Last edited:
I'm drowning in the same lake as you, dude.

I had my buggy for 2 days until my dad broke it. We ordered a part which came in on our ski trip, we put that on and it broke AGAIN. I finally just said screw it and fixed it myself, I finally got it broken in, and I was tuning it the day before it started snowing.

All said, since I got the car on x-mas, I've had a total of MAYBE eight hours of run time from my car. And it's been what, 3 weeks since x-mas? I don't think I've ever wanted it to stop snowing this much before.

As I'm writing this, the grey sky is dumping another few inches of snow and ice on the ground. :\

I'd suggest buying a used engine off ebay just to get out and run. But I wouldn't attempt break-in unless the temps were above 50. I've had bad luck breaking in at temps lower than that. A friend of mine broke his con-rod and I broke a crank shaft... it was 40F that day.

Of course these are already broken in rigs...I just re-read your post lumberjack...and I'd recommend waiting for decent weather to break in your engine. Freezing cold is not good for engine break in.

What?

I intend to wait on the weather for a clear, and warm day, to break my engine in... I dont want to risk warping anything on it due to my inexperience.

You mustve gotten me confused with someone else :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, Break-in is different!
I'm still looking for a used rig to go out and drive instead.
I brole my revo in in 57 degrees and the temps where nailed straight at 215 -219 (Tempgun) Today/ right now, we have 13 degrees and windchill.
But I need something to drive!
RC's are high;y addictive, I had years of fun with airplanes and never knew about trucks... that has changed! :eek:)

Sock the Engine, seal the electronics and go!!!

You know what? You are right, Lumberjack. I got your post and RevoME's post mixed up in my head.

Break in in decent weather...once broken in, run in snow or any condition you see fit. :D

Sorry about that.

Lol... this is ridiculous, I have so much homework I could be doing right now... but I'm just sitting here playing with the servos on my car, cause I'm so dissapointed I couldnt break it in this weekend... Oh yeah its snowing pretty good now too :violin:

o ye dude u have snow, i live in england and when we have snow, we all have to get into wheel chairs and slide on the ice and play nfl on snow its great try it, o dam i ate yellow snow last year i didnt find out what it was?
loads of people were laughing but i got £1.00
any ideas?

LUMBERJACK... TIME FOR HOPUPS... BIGGER TIRES... TAKING PICTURES...
OR GO AND BUY USED... WHAT CAN YOU LOOSE?
YELLOW SNOW?

woof!
Nope!

Skymaxx, sorry... Ownersmanual says to avoid running in less than 35 degrees. Engine Start Temp for brake-in needs to be 70 degrees or above.
Mine was @ OAT with 57 degrees or so, and TEMPS were fine (215)

LUMBERJACK... TIME FOR HOPUPS... BIGGER TIRES... TAKING PICTURES...
OR GO AND BUY USED... WHAT CAN YOU LOOSE?

Yeah Ima go to the hobby store next weekend and grab some stuff... maybe a body to paint, scince the snows obviously gonna be around for awhile :(
As far as pictures... my cameras pretty craptastic... 1.5 mega pixels!

Not to rag on you but 1.5 hahah thats the same as on my phone lol. Dude i feel for you man. I just got off the phone with my uncle in iowa and he said its snowing like hell there. THats the benifite of bad weather though, gives you plenty of time to sit and dream about what you want to do with your rig.

Bryson

Not to rag on you but 1.5 hahah thats the same as on my phone lol. Dude i feel for you man. I just got off the phone with my uncle in iowa and he said its snowing like hell there. THats the benifite of bad weather though, gives you plenty of time to sit and dream about what you want to do with your rig.

Bryson

Yup my camera was pimp when I got it though :)

Back