Making drift tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
try like i did redneck stile with rapped duck tape around tire treds or pvc pipeover rubber tires tred glooed.\
best with pcv pipe glooed diretcly to rim with no rubber on. remember no tracktion needed 4 drift. its fun 4 a short time sometime not so muych.

I bought a pair of wheels that just barely fit inside a piece of 3in PVC pipe and then just wrapped a bit of duct tape around the rims to get a snug fit inside the PVC pipe and just used that. worked fine and when the PVC wears out its replaceable since you didnt glue anything.

Ok cool. I will give that a try. Crazy that nobody makes 17mm 1/8 scale drift tires and wheels except exceed rc. I shall make my own out of a old set of revo wheels I had laying around that's 17mm.

I know right!! These companies should know that people love putting drift tires on just about everything occasionally even if its just for a goof. Seems like theyre missing out on some money there. :)

I will video my summit drifting across the parking lot as soon as I get it all set up. I'm headed out of town in the AM for work so I will try to get it all set up by the end of this weekend. I'm buying the Vaterra for my drift car but I thought it would be fun to drift my summit and maybe even my revo in a open parking lot.

That be something you don't see every day... I'm game!!

Back