Mad heli skills

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the rate he's doing it will take him several months of practice before he can master straight and level flight. :hehe:

Bert Kammerer..excellent pilot

He was just trying to compete with Tareq.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kK3Dq5fHYo"]TAREQ AL SAADI - THE BEST 3D MASTER OF 3DMASTERS - YouTube[/ame]

You can also find Henry Caldwell on YouTube. He flies at my local field. Just nuts to watch. He's got a full sponsorship and also flew the first electric heli any of us ever saw.

I've never had the opportunity to go to fields and see this stuff in person. I want to so bad, but i personally fly my smaller helis at or right by my house.

I'm happy if I just don't crash at level flight lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I respect the skill it takes to do any of that stuff for sure. That being said, I've become a big fan of slow and smooth in the past few years. Bert has some of that mixed in, pretty sure Tareq is a cyborg the way he flies LOL. The super fast pop n stop stuff just looks robotic to me. But, I like more stuff like this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1CbiJeTIY"]Timo Wendtland - Logo 800 - low rpm smooth flying - YouTube[/ame]

You mean like this? I had search a good way through my favorites to find it. Just look at the piro rate at 3.15
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfJZfS0Cgo"]Tareq Alsaadi UAE (Mini Protos 450 with MKS servos DS95 and Quark gyro ) - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 9:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:18 PM ----------

Btw, is this just going to be the epic 3d heli thread?

---------- Post added at 9:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:18 PM ----------

I respect the skill it takes to do any of that stuff for sure. That being said, I've become a big fan of slow and smooth in the past few years. Bert has some of that mixed in, pretty sure Tareq is a cyborg the way he flies LOL. The super fast pop n stop stuff just looks robotic to me. But, I like more stuff like this.

Timo Wendtland - Logo 800 - low rpm smooth flying - YouTube

Holy crap. Low RPM or supa slo mo?

I think he's the greatest living RC helicopter pilot

Here's something very recent.
Tareq AlSaadi, Flying a souped up Align TRex 800 Trekker here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBP7VF0buHY"]tareq on 800 trekker - YouTube[/ame]

And for a little comparison...
flying PROTOS 500, TREKKER, RUSH 750 and GAUI X7
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doB5j1L7fN8"]TAREQ ALSAADI flying PROTOS 500, TREKKER, RUSH 750 and GAUI X7 - YouTube[/ame]

I'd be proud to have 1/100th of his heli piloting skills..

Chas

Last edited:
That's what I say...

I'm happy if I just don't crash at level flight lol

I had to smile while I read your statement.
Keeps us very well 'grounded'. hahaha

Chas

Last edited:
Zzzing! Lol. Yeah well I bought one last year and crashed the crap out of it and it now resides in a box in pieces :/

Not critical

Zzzing! Lol. Yeah well I bought one last year and crashed the crap out of it and it now resides in a box in pieces :/

I hope you don't think I was being sarcastic or criticizing you.
Flying is very challenging, and much more difficult than it looks from the spectator sidelines.
I've only been flying my 4 quads for a few short months, and just flew my mCP X Bl for the first times this week.
It's slowly becoming more comfortable, all leading up to my TRex 700E...

Please don't give up, Buy a SIM and rebuild it while you practice...
Motif XF8 Synth player here, I like your handle...

Chas

Last edited:
Nah dude lol. Its all good and even if you did I'd agree haha. I don't know...I have a handful of trucks and I'm good at those, I tried the heli and I basically threw the cash in the gutter lol! I saw a sim at my local shop and it was realistic, but I forgot the name. I'd love to learn how to fly and I have thought about buying the sim before, its even fun to play.

Its just discouraging wrecking so much money so quickly lol.

Practice practice practice

Nah dude lol. Its all good and even if you did I'd agree haha. I don't know...I have a handful of trucks and I'm good at those, I tried the heli and I basically threw the cash in the gutter lol! I saw a sim at my local shop and it was realistic, but I forgot the name. I'd love to learn how to fly and I have thought about buying the sim before, its even fun to play.

It's just discouraging wrecking so much money so quickly lol.

Suppose I'm lucky, I chose a different learning route.
My first build and helicopter model ever, is my Align TRex 700E DFC HV.
I decided to buy the biggest helicopter I could afford, at the time.
Lucky I didn't go one scale larger. Yeah, like an awesome XXtreme!!

I bought it first as the pieces and parts are way bigger, much easier to deal with. But my intention was to build first. Learning what all the parts and pieces are, and the names and what they do.

It's all 'falling' into place just as I planned. Buying the quads was a very easy way to help my hands and brain learn the neccessary muscle memory and cheap too. The quad's in my sig all fly great, and because they practically fly themselves, you will learn all the very basics of moves very quickly.
(Or crash an awfull lot trying) Smile

Both the main SIM programs are realistic, and will help teach you the right moves, as you progress...
Yes crashing is expensive, but you pay for the SIM only once and begin to slowly learn.
Flying is a much more exiliarating fun than land cruising, but they're both exciting & are great to do! I still love my hpi 106364...

with the free helicopter add on is awesome.
As there are so very many heli's to choose from to fly, and many more for free downloads.
Even night flying with all those models, with lights. Rotor lights too.

Chas

Last edited:
Yeah that's the one my local shop has, real flight. I want it just to play lol, the practice would be a bonus. Maybe I'll get another one, I did have a lot of fun for those few minutes lol.

It makes sense a bigger one would be easier, bit more expensive of course. I need to learn a bit more about them first maybe as you said.

You already have invested good money in the RC flying hobby, consider it your entry fee.
& you already know, the spending never stops, but only get's less costly as you grow and learn.
Heck even Tareq's heli's will eat terra firma occasionally.
But don't let that prevent you continuing on the learning process.
Sure you may have had an uncomfortable beginning, that doesn't have to stop you from enjoying one of the most exciting aspects of RC Hobbies.

Just get back on the horse cowboy... Ride on!!

Chas

And for a little comparison...
flying PROTOS 500, TREKKER, RUSH 750 and GAUI X7
TAREQ ALSAADI flying PROTOS 500, TREKKER, RUSH 750 and GAUI X7 - YouTube

I'd be proud to have 1/100th of his heli piloting skills..

Chas
Align TRex 700E 750MX (530KV) DFC HV Castle ICE2 HV 120 3GX 3.0/DX8 {RealFlight 6.5}

I noticed from this video he is not a stick pincher. He is a dumb thumber like me! At least that gives me some hope.

I remember I was a jr in high school when the msr was released. They were 190 bucks rtf. I spent a couple days lifting off and having it drift anywhere it wanted before I could even keep it anywhere near a hover. I love these heli's.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

This kid..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQhU1cKkx0"]4 Year Old Justin Jee - RC Heli Stick Movement - Sep 2006 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBrCBPUNBE"]10 Year Old Justin Jee - KDS Innova700 - IRCHA - 2012-08-18 - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, young Justin is proof positive on the SIM front...

I truly believe that by the time he reaches mid-teen years, he will most likely be one of if not thee guy.

With his flying talents, where they are already, he will dethrone Tareq, eventually...

Chas

Last edited:
SIM and Micros...

I'm finding flying my much easier, because of and thanks to the SIM practice and my micro quads.

I'm very happy to have gotten into this RC hobby stuff. And looking forward to the more rewarding aspect of flying, once I finally get my 700E completed.

Definitely not really a kit for beginners like myself.
Oh well, bit off a huge chunk, but slowly it's getting digested...

Chas

Speaking of mad skills...
Bowdown-1.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uxY_Dc5U4"]Devin LeBlanc lays down some smack on the lake - YouTube[/ame]