Mach .26 In Rc10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CUSTOM RC KID

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has Anyone Done This Or Heard Of This, I Just Mounted The Engine And I'm Doing All The Electrical And Servo Stuff Today, How Fast Do You Think This Well Be? Any Help Cuz This Is My First Time Puttin A Big Ass Engine In A Little Ass Car

Yes we have heard of this. Our very own .21RC10GT has a collari 32 in his.

If you wouldn't mind...please Don't Post With The First Letter In Caps. Its hard to read.

thanks i dont know why the letters are capital, its not intensional, but how fast is yours? do you break much stuff?

Not mine. Its .21rc10gt that has the collari

search in the stadium truck forum and you should find it.

cool thanks, but if anyone knows how fast this thing will be please let me have sum info

Please refrain from posting the same question multiple times.

Once is enough.

Your other 2 threads you created have been dumped.

Thanks

I have sent you a reply to your PM. I really do not feel like re-writing it now that I see this thread.

Basically, you need time, money, and lots of patience. Almost everything needs to be upgraded, because it is not made to handle 2x or more horsepower than stock. I am thinking about taking off the Collari, and putting a .21 back on. The .32 is too much power.

here she is so far

truck.jpg
truck2.jpg

Is that a two-speed clutch bell??? What kind of mount are you using??

mount

To tell you the truth i dont know what kind they are, when i bought it off ebay it just said it was brand new and had never been started, and when i recieved it, it had these motor mounts already on them, they look home made, but my luck they worked perfectly on my rc10

yes this is a two speed clutch bell, I'm thinking of just trying out the first speed to see how it does then maybe moving my engine and just use that second speed, i have other trucks for racing and this truck is just to go straight so I'm thinking the second speed will give me more top speed

With that much power, and that light of a vehicle, you will definitely want to lower your gear ratio. I used a custom mount that is now in production from SSRC Racing (www.ssrcracing.com). I worked with him for a while to get this mount straightened out, and it seems to work perfectly now.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

sweet

sweet man thanks for the help, I'm going to have to post some more pics up, i just finished the electrical and put som wheels on, all i need is a tuned pipe. any suggestions? i have stock wheels and tires on it i just want to romp it aroun for awhile before i put the dragster wheels and tires and wheeli bar on, ya know.

Yeah man. Sounds good. I just used a duratrax pipe from Towerhobbies for like $25. Worked fine. Only thing I had to do was cut the header in half so it pointed towards the front. I couldn't find any bent header to fit without cutting.

ok, i got everything done the only thing that sucks is, ok, i started the mach.26 within a couple of trys it was running i started breking it in when it stalled, not i big problem but when tried starting it again a couldnt turn the engine even the drill couldnt turn it, no movement what so ever, complete engine lock, any suggestions, its a brand new engine

Pop out the glow plug and see if it is hydro locked. Also, try turning the flywheel by hand. New engines are usually hard to turn over anyway.

thanks

i think i figured it out but still not to sure, i saw alot of metal shavings and it looks like the piece on my engine that is used to start with a starter box is grinding really bad on my chassis so I'm going to raise my engine slightly and hopefully it works.

metal shavings

where did you see these metal shavings? I would not try to start the engine again until I took it apart to see the inside. Metal shavings and these engines are not a good combination.

Let me know if you need a new mount. I just ran into a stash of em when I was cleaning my room. I forgot I was going to try to sell them...

I

I See Them By My Right Behind The Clutchbell Where You Would Use A Box Starter, I Will Take It Apart Just To Make Sure, But When I First Got It Started When I Started Breaking In The Engine I Could Just Tell That I Was Gonna Haul Ass.

Back