M11

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JATO

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anybody have this radio and if not what has everybody heard about the M11.

I like the M8, doesn't have as many features as the newer M11 but is still a great radio, plus it is cheaper

I have the 8 and am looking at the 11. It looks unbalanced but it isn't. Were stuck in a technology gap right now. The spectrum technology is here but hasn't yet been integrated into a Pro level TX. I'm going to see how long I can hold out until I actually need a new TX rather then just wanting one. IMO in a year we will see \ I will see more Pro level choices.

Plaidfish said:
are you planning a new career as an RC pro????
LOL No,
I just like to have good equipment. I originally chose the M8 many years ago due to the fact that it has won more races than any other radio. If 75% of the pros out there are using it, there must be a reason.

Times and technology are changing and it will be interesting to see where it take us.

I just got a 3PK and I love it....the menus are super easy to navigate and the balance is great....it is noticeably heavier than the airtronics stuff but hey I think I could use a little more of a workout while I drive my RC car....

The 3PK is one I'm looking at as well.
My M8 is like an old pair of shoes that fit so well I'm still leaning closer to the 11.
I like the way the menu choices are displayed on the 11 all at one time. For me its easier to navigate. The M11 also has excellent graphs for seeing your programmable curves rather then looking at a number.

Both radios are a worthy choice.

the only big (and it's not really big) issue I have w/ the airtronics is the weight...it feels like a toy in my hand.....if I'm dropping coin on electronics and they feel chinsey, I get turned off quickly.....if I had an M8 and was used to it already I'd probably get a new M11......also the cost of changing all your receivers to another brand would suck...I know I've got 4 FM Rxs laying around and to change em just for brand use would blow chunks......but after trying both M8 and 3PK menus I definately like the 3PK better......has simple settings...intermediate settings and advanced settings....so you just go to the menu screen and select wht you want.......the M8 was easier to navigate if you hold it up in front of you...harder to read the text and the buttons are out of the way for quick adjustments......the 3PK has backlite (soem M8s do too) and the text was much larger.......the buttons are out of the way for normal driving but easily accessible by your left thumb so you can still be driving (somewhat) while adjusting things.......

Does the M11 have more features then the 3PK

JATO said:
Does the M11 have more features then the 3PK
The 3PK has HRS

In HRS mode, the transmitter sends out signals at twice the rate of typical FM systems—a fact which makes the 3PK the only system on the market which can take full advantage of the speed and accuracy of digital servos.

Manufacturer/Model Futaba 3PK KO Propo EX-10 Helios Airtronics M11
Channels 3 3 2-4
Frequency (1) 27 & 75 Mhz 27 & 75 Mhz 27 & 75 Mhz
AM or FM FM FM FM
Modulation PPM/PCM PPM
ESC (2) Not Included Unknown or Not Included Unknown or Not Included
RX R203HF or R113iP KR-302F Unknown
RX Channels 3 3 Unknown
Charger Included? Yes Not Specified Not Specified
Charging Jack? Yes Not Specified Not Specified
Model Memory 10 9 30
Batteries Incl. Both TX & RX Not Specified Not Specified
Battery Requirements
SubTrims Yes Yes Yes
Digital Trims (3) Yes Yes Yes
Servo Reversing Yes Yes Yes
ABS Yes Yes Yes
ATV/EPA Yes Yes Unknown
ATL Yes Yes Unknown
Steering Dual Rate Yes Yes Yes
Throttle Dual Rate Yes Yes Yes
Exp. Steering Yes Yes Yes
Exp. Throttle Yes Yes Yes
Idle Up Yes Yes Yes
Battery Alarm Yes Yes Yes
Lap Timer Yes Yes Yes
DSC Yes Unknown Yes
Channel Mixing Yes Unknown Yes
Upgradeable Yes Yes Yes
Fail Safe Yes Unknown Unknown
Included Servos
Webpage Webpage Webpage Webpage
Est. Street Cost FUTJ32** R203HF RX
$350.00

FUTJ33** R113IP PCM RX
$350.00

80062 - 27 Mhz
$310.00

80066 - 75 Mhz
$320.00

$239.00-$369.00

Last edited:
Plaid, correct me if I am wrong, but can't all full synth Tx's use any brand of synth Rx? I know my MX3-S does/can, and so far I have used 4 different Rx's and no problems. I say this beacuse you mention to Eddy taht it would get expensive to have to buy a new Tx and then buy all new Rx's as well.

I dunno....just because a signal is on the same channel doesn't necessarily mean the Rx's electronics will be able to interpret what is coming in clearly....I'm not up on what protocol (for lack of better term) the radio sets we use operate w/....if each company has some proprietary twist then I don't see it happening.....Eddy can always try em and see if they glitch while sitting on a bench......I'd run em through thte wringer before I'd trust scooting my 2000 dollar toys around though.....

At one time I ran a Novak Synth RX with my M8 crystaled setup. Damn right they need to be tested well. I even test my new RXs of the proper brand before I trust them.

I think the Novak XXL is supposed to be universal.....at least that's what my local engine modder says......they're smaller too.....I'm sure someonehas Rx's that are universal to some degree....

Eddy, I do not know if the Novak Synth Rx will work with a crystalled Tx, but in my setups, I have used the following Synth Rx's with my Synth MX3-S:

Airtronics Rx (Came with MX3-S, #92926Z)
JR 310
Novak synth Rx. (XXtra)

I have never rewired the wire combos with any of these and have used them with stock servos from many makers (Traxxas, OFNA) and also used Airtronics , Hitec, and Futaba servos. I have no glitches (other than the one house on my street where all my R/C's glitch, damn terrorists).