Lynx3D in my Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I installed my new Lynx 3D in the beast this weekend with the hopes of giving it a work out. Unfortunately, Pirata's T is still acting up. No bashing...bummer.

good choice of handset you made there,did you get the extras too,like spectra module,and synth. Rx.:cool:

Oh yeah...the full set...I like the ability to change things without buying extra parts. I think it was Christian who said it the best; when asked what freq he was on at the track, he replied all of them ;)

I also like the versatility it affords one with allowing for multiple models. Now, if I manage to obtain another RC, I only need to buy an extra receiver. This means I can buy kit cars vice full fledged RTRs. I checked the radio against a really old electric I have that is in the FM band (old Futaba Attack system) and the Lynx controlled it just fine.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I installed my new Lynx 3D in the beast this weekend with the hopes of giving it a work out. Unfortunately, Pirata's T is still acting up. No bashing...bummer.
Tell me about it. It was a major bummer. From the look of it I am going to end up replacing all the gears in my tranny just to be sure I don't have anything messed up inside since I can't find the bad gear.

Sky do you feel EP is coming down with fear of the unknown,you have been spending bucks;)

Doubtful. He's petrified of my MAXX!!! Actually I could care less who thinks whose is better, I know mine is better than his POS! :D

all that is needed to have a good posse,is maxxes and cool dudes,a sense of humour is priceless.....anyone want to sell me one;)

The Lynx is a real nice setup you should get all kinds of run time from it. I have found if your running more then one car on it you may want to get a good feild charger for it. It can make a good turn bad real fast if the bats go dead in the middle of the day.

The only thing I'm petrified of regarding your Maxx is your inability to keep it from coming to some disasterous harm or another. As for calling mine a POS, I think your just jealous...'cause mine is running and yours isn't. I once again refer you to the name calling clause...name calling is the last act of a desperate man.

BTW...did you ever think that the reason your Maxx keeps having issues is its own fear of its driver...food for thought ;)

Hunter, thanks for the tip on the charger. The set-up I have can be either nicad or drycell...so if the bat-pack goes, I'll dump some drycells in there and continue on...I have an arse load of the drycells from carrying spares for the TRAXXAS radio. I'll look into a field charger when I need one...pockets are kind of shallow these days.

Hunter is right on about the charger - I recently picked up a Reedy Quasar Pro model. Charge, Discharge and Delta peak detection. Runs on BOTH AC and DC as well. NiCd and NiMh also.

4-8 cells

169 pricetrag. But hey, its a reedy ;) And I can use it for my Zagi plane too.

I have no idea - mine came with mine. I think that TowerHobbies would probably have it. But as with most of these parts, you will probably need to get the part # from HiTec's site first.

Mine also came with the tray...the NiCds are sitting in it. Nice charger Christian...with a pricetag like that, I know it will be a while before I acquire one.

i use 2 Nimh packs in mine (one at a time) and have found that one is only a spare cos leaving the radio on all day,i have never had to change them over,even when going out on a big bash 10am-5pm :)

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
BTW...did you ever think that the reason your Maxx keeps having issues is its own fear of its driver...food for thought ;)
Probably. My maxx probably let the BMW run over it intentionally then after I fixed it decided to grind some gears in the tranny.

Anything is possible...let me know if you want me to look at Debbie's RC for the parts you need.