LST2 Starting Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbcrunchy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Let me start by saying I do not have a great deal of knowledge in engines, starters....
When I try to start my LST2 it seems like it just spins. I am using a drill to start it. I have to slow the drill down and when the drill is barely moving it seems to grab and tries to start. If it doesn't start than I have to slow the drill down and wait for it to grab again. This takes forever.
Please help.
I do not understand the dynamics of the starter on this.

:confused:

Your OWB(one way bearing) on your engine has burned out on ya. There pretty cheap, and easy to replace. What mill you got, and i will hunt one up for you on the internet.

Thanks for the info. I will replace the OWB. I don't know what mill it is. All I have is the part number, DYN0913 FRONT BEARING: MACH 427.

Thanks again.

Mach 427 is the mill, you may not need a new OWB. Try cleaning it thoroughly
with denatured alchohol, dry it off and oil with a light weight oil like 3-in-1.

The yellow arrow is pointing at the OWB (one way bearing) that is giving you issues:
2007-0415-Mach427ExplodedView.jpg

Try cleaning it as Racer1966 suggested before you replace it. If you do replace it, replace the shaft it rides on at the same time. A worn shaft with a new bearing will chew up a new bearing much quicker.

The shaft is DYN0943.
The OWB is DYN0941.

I took it apart and cleaned the OWB. Had a few problems, but I got it started. I think I may have to replace both parts on it, but we'll see. I'll have to wait until a rainy day because I am having way to much fun running the truck.

Not to get off subject, but when my engine exploded, it looked nothing like that view. LOL

I'm sorry,
I had to say it.