LST2 just revs doesn't go

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would the weather have any influence on the outer otb going bad? I have just replaced the outer one by my first gear. It has been rather cold here (30-40) during the day. If I read your pervious post correctly I can clean out the old bearing lube it back up with 3-in-1 and then place it back on? I have saved all of them when i took them off. They all looked very greasy around the outsides.

"all"? How many have you had?

I'm still running my original that I got when I installed my LRP28 with the LST2 2-speed assembly. mine started life as an aftershock, so I had to upgrade when I got more power. Shelled the AS one out by tank 6 of break-in with the LRP.

The cold combined with the heavier grease/oil that is in it in stock form would make them more prone to hang up and slip. Clean them out with DA and lube them up with 3-in-1. My only suggestion would be to pull it off and do this at least once a gallon to help avoid slipping and wearing issues due to lighter oil. By "at least", I'm quietly suggesting 2 times per gallon.

That's about how often mine gets pulled, cleaned and re-lubed. I've probably ran around 4-5 gallons through it and it worked just fine last season. Shelved it for the winter. Ran the savage instead.

"all"? How many have you had?

I'm still running my original that I got when I installed my LRP28 with the LST2 2-speed assembly. mine started life as an aftershock, so I had to upgrade when I got more power. Shelled the AS one out by tank 6 of break-in with the LRP.

The cold combined with the heavier grease/oil that is in it in stock form would make them more prone to hang up and slip. Clean them out with DA and lube them up with 3-in-1. My only suggestion would be to pull it off and do this at least once a gallon to help avoid slipping and wearing issues due to lighter oil. By "at least", I'm quietly suggesting 2 times per gallon.

That's about how often mine gets pulled, cleaned and re-lubed. I've probably ran around 4-5 gallons through it and it worked just fine last season. Shelved it for the winter. Ran the savage instead.

By that I mean I am on number 4. YES FOUR! However, I was unaware of the one located next to my roto starter. I am new to this truck and nitro in general. I ran it today since it was 50 outside and had just as many slips or glitches. I plan on pulling it tonight and giving it a good cleaning and lube job.

Hi there guys, i just ran my truck today, i have gone through 3 bearings in the trucks life which is now 2 years and i have not ran the truck more than 3 gallons. i seem to have the same simptoms as described originally. my truck does not engage into gear when starting and after it heats up a bit it will run great. HOWEVER, today i had the same case where it started like that but at some point later on the truck just disengaged the gear and revved out of control all on its own, and I'm talking about revs higher than what i would push it to. Please, if there are any suggestions as to what the issues could be. any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks, S. Sherman.